Scoring on the stock exchange? The effect of football matches on stock market returns: an event study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- T. S. Breusch & A. R. Pagan, 1980.
"The Lagrange Multiplier Test and its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 239-253.
- Breusch, T.S. & Pagan, A.R., 1980. "The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics," CORE Discussion Papers RP 412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pepall, Lynne M & Richards, Daniel J, 2001. "Reach for the Stars: A Strategic Bidding Game," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(272), pages 489-504, November.
- Peter Groothuis & Richard Hill & Timothy Perri, 2004. "Early Entry in the NBA Draft: The Influence of Unraveling, Human Capital and Option Value," Working Papers 04-05, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University, revised 2005.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roberto Gásquez & Vicente Royuela, 2014.
"Is Football an Indicator of Development at the International Level?,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 117(3), pages 827-848, July.
- Robert Gasquez & Vicente Royuela, 2012. "Is football an indicator of development at the international level?," Working Papers in Economics 275, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Ender Demir & Hakan Danis, 2011.
"The Effect of Performance of Soccer Clubs on Their Stock Prices: Evidence from Turkey,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 47(0), pages 58-70, September.
- Ender Demir & Hakan Danis, 2011. "The Effect of Performance of Soccer Clubs on Their Stock Prices: Evidence from Turkey," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(0), pages 58-70, September.
- repec:sae:jospec:v:19:y:2018:i:2:p:230-278 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fung, Ka Wai Terence & Demir, Ender & Lau, Marco Chi Keung & Chan, Kwok Ho, 2013. "An Examination of Sports Event Sentiment: Microeconomic Evidence from Borsa Istanbul," MPRA Paper 52874, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adrian R. Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2012.
"Over the moon or sick as a parrot? The effects of football results on a club's share price,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(26), pages 3435-3452, September.
- Adrian Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2009. "Over the Moon or Sick as a Parrot? The Effect's of Football Results on a Club's Share Price," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2009-08, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Adrian Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2011. "Over the Moon or Sick as a Parrot? The Effects of Football Results on a Club's Share Price," Post-Print hal-00709557, HAL.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2008. "The Effect of On-Field Success on Stock Prices: Evidence from Nippon Professional Baseball," Working Papers 0805, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Pedro Godinho & Pedro Cerqueira, 2018.
"The Impact of Expectations, Match Importance, and Results in the Stock Prices of European Football Teams,"
Journal of Sports Economics,
, vol. 19(2), pages 230-278, February.
- Pedro Godinho & Pedro Cerqueira, 2014. "The Impact of Expectations, Match Importance and Results in the Stock Prices of European Football Teams," GEMF Working Papers 2014-09, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Fung, Ka Wai Terence & Demir, Ender & Lau, Chi Keung Marco & Chan, Kwok Ho, 2015. "Reexamining sports-sentiment hypothesis: Microeconomic evidences from Borsa Istanbul," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 337-355.
- AmÃ©lie Charles & Olivier DarnÃ©, 2016.
"Stock market reactions to FIFA World Cup announcements: An event study,"
AccessEcon, vol. 36(4), pages 2028-2036.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné, 2016. "Stock market reactions to FIFA World Cup announcements: An event study," Post-Print hal-01395333, HAL.
- Doerrenberg, Philipp & Siegloch, Sebastian, 2014.
"Is soccer good for you? The motivational impact of big sporting events on the unemployed,"
Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 66-69.
- Doerrenberg, Philipp & Siegloch, Sebastian, 2014. "Is Soccer Good for You? The Motivational Impact of Big Sporting Events on the Unemployed," IZA Discussion Papers 7890, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:41:y:2009:i:25:p:3231-3237. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .