Consistent estimation of zero-inflated count models
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kevin E. Staub & Rainer Winkelmann, 2013. "Consistent Estimation Of Zero‐Inflated Count Models," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(6), pages 673-686, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Papadopoulos, Georgios & Santos Silva, Joao M C, 2008. "Identification issues in models for underreported counts," Economics Discussion Papers 3552, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Victoria Ateca-Amestoy, 2008. "Determining heterogeneous behavior for theater attendance," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 32(2), pages 127-151, June.
- Ken Clark & Simon A. Peters & Mark Tomlinson, 2005.
"The Determinants Of Lateness: Evidence From British Workers,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 52(2), pages 282-304, May.
- Clark, Ken & Simon A Peters & Mark Tomlinson, 2003. "The Determinants of Lateness: Evidence from British Workers," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 43, Royal Economic Society.
- Axel Heitmueller, 2004.
"Job Mobility In Britain: Are The Scots Different? Evidence From The Bhps,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 51(3), pages 329-358, August.
- Axel Heitmueller, 2003. "Job Mobility in Britain: Are the Scots Different? Evidence from the BHPS," Working Papers E02, Department of Economics, School of Management and Languages, Heriot Watt University.
- Heitmueller, Axel, 2003. "Job Mobility in Britain: Are the Scots Different? Evidence from the BHPS," IZA Discussion Papers 773, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Axel Heitmueller, 2003. "Job Mobility in Britain: Are the Scots different? Evidence from the BHPS," CERT Discussion Papers 0303, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- John List, 2001. "Determinants of securing academic interviews after tenure denial: evidence from a zero-inflated Poisson model," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(11), pages 1423-1431.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Trognon, Alain, 1984.
"Pseudo Maximum Likelihood Methods: Applications to Poisson Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 701-720, May.
- Gourieroux Christian & Monfort Alain & Trognon A, 1982. "Pseudo maximum lilelihood methods : applications to poisson models," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8203, CEPREMAP.
- Ho, Woon-Yee & Wang, Peiming & Alba, Joseph D., 2009. "Merger and acquisition FDI, relative wealth and relative access to bank credit: Evidence from a bivariate zero-inflated count model," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 26-30, January.
- Paula Stephan & Shiferaw Gurmu & Albert Sumell & Grant Black, 2007. "Who'S Patenting In The University? Evidence From The Survey Of Doctorate Recipients," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 71-99.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ilja Neustadt & Peter Zweifel, 2009. "Economic Well-Being, Social Mobility, and Preferences for Income Redistribution: Evidence from a Discrete Choice Experiment," SOI - Working Papers 0909, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich, revised Jan 2010.
- Damien BESANCENOT & Kim HUYNH & Francisco SERRANITO, 2015.
"Co-Authorship and Individual Research Productivity in Economics: Assessing the Assortative Matching Hypothesis,"
LEO Working Papers / DR LEO
2236, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Damien Besancenot & Kim Huynh & Francisco Serranito, 2015. "Co-Authorship And Individual Research Productivity In Economics: Assessing The Assortative Matching Hypothesis," CEPN Working Papers halshs-01252373, HAL.
- Prehn, Sören & Brümmer, Bernhard, 2011. "Estimation issues in disaggregate gravity trade models," DARE Discussion Papers 1107, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Chakraborty, Tanika & Mirkasimov, Bakhrom & Steiner, Susan, 2015.
"Transfer behavior in migrant sending communities,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 690-705.
- Steiner, Susan & Chakraborty, Tanika & Mirkasimov, Bakhrom, 2013. "Transfer Behaviour in Migrant Sending Communities," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79713, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Susan Steiner & Bakhrom Mirkasimov & Tanika Chakraborty, 2016. "Transfer Behaviour in Migrant Sending Communities," Working Papers id:8422, eSocialSciences.
- Chakraborty, Tanika & Mirkasimov, Bakhrom & Steiner, Susan, 2013. "Transfer Behaviour in Migrant Sending Communities," IZA Discussion Papers 7406, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fatima Olanike Kareem & Olayinka Idowu Kareem, 2014. "Specification and Estimation of Gravity Models: A Review of the Issues in the Literature," RSCAS Working Papers 2014/74, European University Institute.
- Pandit, Mahesh & Paudel, Krishna P. & Hinson, Roger A., 2012. "Intensity of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Practices Adoption by U.S. Nursery Crop Producers," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124942, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Pandit, Mahesh & Paudel, Krishna P. & Williams, Deborah, 2014. "Effect of Remittance on Intensity of Agricultural Technology Adoption in Nepal," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162692, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Gregori Baetschmann & Rainer Winkelmann, 2012. "Modelling zero-inflated count data when exposure varies: with an application to sick leave," ECON - Working Papers 061, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Prehn, Soren & Brümmer, Bernhard & Glauben, Thomas, 2012. "Structural Gravity Estimation & Agriculture," 2012: New Rules of Trade?, December 2012, San Diego, California 142765, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Damien Besancenot & Kim V. Huynh & Francisco Serranito, 2015.
"Determinant of Co-authorship in economics: the French case,"
AccessEcon, vol. 35(1), pages 680-693.
- Damien Besancenot & Kim Huynh & Francisco Serranito, 2015. "Determinants of Co-Authorship in Economics: The French Case," CEPN Working Papers halshs-01204687, HAL.
- Damien BESANCENOT & Kim HUYNH & Francisco SERRANITO, 2015. "Determinants of Co-Authorship in Economics: The French Case," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 2242, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Damien Besancenot & Kim Huynh & Francisco Serranito, 2015. "Determinant of Co-authorship in economics: the French case," Post-Print hal-01384671, HAL.
- Antonio J. Sáez-Castillo & Antonio Conde-Sánchez, 2017. "Detecting over- and under-dispersion in zero inflated data with the hyper-Poisson regression model," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 19-33, March.
- Kareem, Fatima Olanike & Martinez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Brümmer, Bernhard, 2016. "Fitting the Gravity Model when Zero Trade Flows are Frequent: a Comparison of Estimation Techniques using Africa's Trade Data," Discussion Papers 230588, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Esposito, Piero, 2017. "Trade creation, trade diversion and imbalances in the EMU," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 462-472.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-01252373 is not listed on IDEAS
- De Groote, Olivier & Pepermans, Guido & Verboven, Frank, 2016.
"Heterogeneity in the adoption of photovoltaic systems in Flanders,"
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 45-57.
- Olivier De Groote & Guido Pepermans & Frank Verboven, 2015. "Heterogeneity in the adoption of photovoltaic systems in Flanders," Working Papers Department of Economics 511914, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- María Isabel Ayuda & Hugo Ferrer-Pérez & Vicente Pinilla, 2018. "How to become a leader in an emerging new global market: The determinants of French wine exports, 1848-1938," Working Papers 0124, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Georgios Papadopoulos, 2014. "Immigration status and property crime: an application of estimators for underreported outcomes," IZA Journal of Migration, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-30, December.
- Vidhura Tennekoon, 2017. "Counting unreported abortions: A binomial-thinned zero-inflated Poisson model," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 36(2), pages 41-72, January.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-01175758 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maurus Rischatsch, 2009. "Simulating WTP Values from Random-Coefficient Models," SOI - Working Papers 0912, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- repec:spr:jlabrs:v:51:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s12651-017-0233-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maurus Rischatsch & Maria Trottmann, 2009. "Physician dispensing and the choice between generic and brand-name drugs – Do margins affect choice?," SOI - Working Papers 0911, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Damien Besancenot & Kim Huynh & Francisco Serranito, 2015. " Thou shalt not work alone ," CEPN Working Papers hal-01175758, HAL.
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:81:y:2018:i:c:p:138-158 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsExcess zeros; Poisson; logit; unobserved heterogeneity; misspecification;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:soz:wpaper:0908. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seizhch.html .