A sieve bootstrap range test for poolability in dependent cointegrated panels
We develop a sieve bootstrap range test for poolability of cointegrating regressions in dependent panels and evaluate by simulation its performances. Although slightly undersized the test has good power even when only a single unit of the panel is heterogenous.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 06-4925 5302
Fax: 06-4925 5349
Web page: http://www.dss.uniroma1.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brücker, Herbert & Fachin, Stefano & Venturini, Alessandra, 2009. "Do Foreigners Replace Native Immigrants? Evidence from a Panel Cointegration Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 4438, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pesaran, M.H. & Yamagata. T., 2005.
"Testing Slope Homogeneity in Large Panels,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0513, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Takashi Yamagata, 2005. "Testing Slope Homogeneity in Large Panels," IEPR Working Papers 05.14, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Takashi Yamagata, 2005. "Testing Slope Homogeneity in Large Panels," CESifo Working Paper Series 1438, CESifo Group Munich.
- Di Iorio, Francesca & Fachin, Stefano, 2008. "A note on the estimation of long-run relationships in dependent cointegrated panels," MPRA Paper 12053, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2003.
"A Simple Panel Unit Root Test in the Presence of Cross Section Dependence,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0346, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2007. "A simple panel unit root test in the presence of cross-section dependence," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 265-312.
- Joakim Westerlund & Mauro Costantini, 2009.
"Panel cointegration and the neutrality of money,"
Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 1-26, February.
- Nelson C. Mark & Masao Ogaki & Donggyu Sul, 2005.
"Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regressions,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 72(3), pages 797-820.
- Masao Ogaki & Nelson Mark & Donggyu Sul, 2004. "Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regression," Working Papers 04-02, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Nelson C. Mark & Masao Ogaki & Donggyu Sul, 2003. "Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regression," NBER Technical Working Papers 0292, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:19990055 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joakim Westerlund & Wolfgang Hess, 2011. "A new poolability test for cointegrated panels," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 56-88, January/F.
- Chang, Yoosoon & Park, Joon Y. & Song, Kevin, 2006.
"Bootstrapping cointegrating regressions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 703-739, August.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2001.
"A PANIC Attack on Unit Roots and Cointegration,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
519, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Kao, Chihwa, 1999. "Spurious regression and residual-based tests for cointegration in panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 1-44, May.
- Adedeji, Olumuyiwa & Thornton, John, 2008. "International capital mobility: Evidence from panel cointegration tests," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 349-352, May.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Payne, James E., 2010. "Renewable energy consumption and economic growth: Evidence from a panel of OECD countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 656-660, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sas:wpaper:20112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefano Fachin)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.