A note on the estimation of long-run relationships in dependent cointegrated panels
We address the issue of estimation and inference in dependent nonstationary panels of small cross-section dimensions. The main conclusion is that the best results are obtained applying bootstrap inference to single-equation estimators. SUR estimators perform badly, or are even unfeasible, when the time dimension is not very large compared to the cross-section dimension.
|Date of creation:||01 Sep 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lutz Kilian, 1999. "Finite-Sample Properties of Percentile and Percentile-t Bootstrap Confidence Intervals for Impulse Responses," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 652-660, November.
- Yoosoon Chang, 2000.
"Bootstrap Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1251, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Chang, Yoosoon, 2004. "Bootstrap unit root tests in panels with cross-sectional dependency," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 263-293, June.
- Chang, Yoosoon, 2002. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency," Working Papers 2000-01, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Yoosoon Chang, 2000. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1585, Econometric Society.
- Nelson C. Mark & Masao Ogaki & Donggyu Sul, 2003.
"Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regression,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0292, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nelson C. Mark & Masao Ogaki & Donggyu Sul, 2005. "Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regressions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(3), pages 797-820.
- Masao Ogaki & Nelson Mark & Donggyu Sul, 2004. "Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regression," Working Papers 04-02, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Mark, Nelson & Ogaki, Masao & Sul, Donggyu, 2003. "Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regression," Working Papers 144, Department of Economics, The University of Auckland.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias, 2001. "On bootstrap inference in cointegrating regressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 1-10, July.
- Stefano Fachin, 2007.
"Long-run trends in internal migrations in italy: a study in panel cointegration with dependent units,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 401-428.
- Stefano Fachin, 2005. "Long-Run Trends in Internal Migrations in Italy: a Study in Panel Cointegration with Dependent Units," Econometrics 0507002, EconWPA.
- Moon, H.R. & Perron, P., 2000.
"The Seemingly Unrelated Dynamic Cointegration Regression Model and Testing for Purching Power Parity,"
Cahiers de recherche
2000-03, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- MOON, Hyungsik Roger & PERRON, Benoit, 2000. "The Seemingly Unrelated Dynamic Cointegration Regression Model and Testing for Purching Power Parity," Cahiers de recherche 2000-03, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Moon, Hyungsik R., 1999. "A note on fully-modified estimation of seemingly unrelated regressions models with integrated regressors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 25-31, October.
- Efstathios Paparoditis & Dimitris N. Politis, 2003. "Residual-Based Block Bootstrap for Unit Root Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(3), pages 813-855, 05.
- Di Iorio, Francesca & Fachin, Stefano, 2006. "Testing for breaks in cointegrated panels," MPRA Paper 3280, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:12053. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.