Taxing international emissions trading
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Tim Laing & Misato Sato & Michael Grubb & Claudia Comberti, 2013. "Assessing the effectiveness of the EU Emissions Trading System," GRI Working Papers 106, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Simone Borghesi, 2011.
"The European emission trading scheme and renewable energy policies: credible targets for incredible results?,"
International Journal of Sustainable Economy,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(3), pages 312-327.
- Simone Borghesi, 2010. "The European Emission Trading Scheme and Renewable Energy Policies: Credible Targets for Incredible Results?," Working Papers 2010.141, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Hertel, Thomas & Hummels, David & Ivanic, Maros & Keeney, Roman, 2007.
"How confident can we be of CGE-based assessments of Free Trade Agreements?,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 611-635, July.
- Hertel, Thomas & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2003. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," GTAP Working Papers 1324, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Thomas Hertel & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2004. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," NBER Working Papers 10477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fankhauser, Samuel & Martin, Nat, 2010. "The economics of the CDM levy: Revenue potential, tax incidence and distortionary effects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 357-363, January.
- Goulder, Lawrence H. & Parry, Ian W. H. & Williams III, Roberton C. & Burtraw, Dallas, 1999.
"The cost-effectiveness of alternative instruments for environmental protection in a second-best setting,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 329-360, June.
- Lawrence H. Goulder & Ian W. H. Parry & Roberton C. Williams III & Dallas Burtraw, 1998. "The Cost-Effectiveness of Alternative Instruments for Environmental Protection in a Second-Best Setting," NBER Working Papers 6464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Parry, Ian & Goulder, Lawrence & Williams III, Roberton, 1998. "The Cost-Effectiveness of Alternative Instruments for Environmental Protection in a Second-Best Setting," Discussion Papers dp-98-22, Resources For the Future.
- Hanslow, Kevin, 2000. "A General Welfare Decomposition for CGE Models," GTAP Technical Papers 498, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- BRECHET, Thierry & PERALTA, Susana, 2007. "The race for polluting permits," CORE Discussion Papers 2007027, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Azusa OKAGAWA & Kanemi BAN, 2008. "Estimation of substitution elasticities for CGE models," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 08-16, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Paul Ekins & Philip Summerton & Chris Thoung & Daniel Lee, 2011. "A Major Environmental Tax Reform for the UK: Results for the Economy, Employment and the Environment," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 50(3), pages 447-474, November.
- repec:zbw:hohpro:337-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Hoel, 2011. "The Supply Side of CO 2 with Country Heterogeneity," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 113(4), pages 846-865, December.
- Welsch, Heinz, 2008. "Armington elasticities for energy policy modeling: Evidence from four European countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2252-2264, September.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Dijkstra, Bouwe & Rosendahl, Knut Einar, 2014.
"Sectoral and regional expansion of emissions trading,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 201-225.
- Christoph Böhringer & Bouwe Dijkstra & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2011. "Sectoral and regional expansion of emissions trading," Discussion Papers 654, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Christoph Böhringer & Dijkstra Bouwe & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2011. "Sectoral and Regional Expansion of Emissions Trading," Working Papers V-337-11, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2011.
- Panagariya, Arvind & Shah, Shekhar & Mishra, Deepak, 2001.
"Demand elasticities in international trade: are they really low?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 313-342, April.
- Shah, Shekhar & Mishra, Deepak & Panagariya, Arvind, 1996. "Demand elasticities in international trade : are they really low?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1712, The World Bank.
- Burniaux, Jean-Marc & Truong Truong, 2002. "GTAP-E: An Energy-Environmental Version of the GTAP Model," GTAP Technical Papers 923, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2006.
"Multinational taxation and international emissions trading,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 139-159, May.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2001. "Multinational Taxation and International Emissions Trading," Discussion Papers dp-01-18, Resources For the Future.
- Carbone, Jared C. & Helm, Carsten & Rutherford, Thomas F., 2009.
"The case for international emission trade in the absence of cooperative climate policy,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 266-280, November.
- Carbone, Jared C. & Helm, Carsten & Rutherford, Thomas F., 2008. "The case for international emission trade in the absence of cooperative climate policy," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 194, Darmstadt University of Technology, Department of Law and Economics.
- Steven Sorrell, 2003. "Carbon Trading in the Policy Mix," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 420-437.
- Odd Godal & Bjart Holtsmark, 2011. "Permit Trading: Merely an Efficiency‐Neutral Redistribution away from Climate‐Change Victims?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 113(4), pages 784-797, December.
- Koetse, Mark J. & de Groot, Henri L.F. & Florax, Raymond J.G.M., 2008.
"Capital-energy substitution and shifts in factor demand: A meta-analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2236-2251, September.
- Mark J. Koetse & Henri L.F. de Groot & Raymond J.G.M. Florax, 2006. "Capital-Energy Substitution and Shifts in Factor Demand: A Meta-Analysis," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-061/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ekins, Paul & Pollitt, Hector & Barton, Jennifer & Blobel, Daniel, 2011. "The implications for households of environmental tax reform (ETR) in Europe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 2472-2485.
- Christoph Böhringer & Henrike Koschel & Ulf Moslener, 2008. "Efficiency losses from overlapping regulation of EU carbon emissions," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 299-317, June.
- Martin Altemeyer-Bartscher & Anil Markandya & Dirk T. G. Rübbelke, 2014. "International Side-payments to Improve Global Public Good Provision when Transfers are Refinanced through a Tax on Local and Global Externalities," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(1), pages 71-93, March.
- Antimiani, Alessandro & Costantini, Valeria & Martini, Chiara & Salvatici, Luca & Tommasino, Maria Cristina, 2013. "Assessing alternative solutions to carbon leakage," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 299-311.
- Ethan Yale, 2008. "Taxing Cap-and-Trade Environmental Regulation," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 535-550, June.
- Beckman, Jayson & Hertel, Thomas & Tyner, Wallace, 2011. "Validating energy-oriented CGE models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 799-806, September.
- Nathan Rive & Dirk Rübbelke, 2010. "International environmental policy and poverty alleviation," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 146(3), pages 515-543, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- D’Amato, Alessio & Valentini, Edilio & Zoli, Mariangela, 2017. "Tradable quota taxation and market power," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 248-252.
- Angelo Antoci & Simone Borghesi & Mauro Sodini, 2012. "ETS and Technological Innovation: A Random Matching Model," Working Papers 2012.79, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
More about this item
Keywordsinternational emissions trading; permit taxation; computable general equilibrium;
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2012-01-03 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2012-01-03 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2012-01-03 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rtr:wpaper:0143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Telephone for information). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dero3it.html .