Port Competition and Welfare Effect of Strategic Privatization
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2012.
"Airport Privatization And International Competition,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 63(4), pages 431-450, December.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2010. "Airport privatization and international competition," ISER Discussion Paper 0792, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Fershtman, Chaim & Judd, Kenneth L & Kalai, Ehud, 1991.
"Observable Contracts: Strategic Delegation and Cooperation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(3), pages 551-559, August.
- Chaim Fershtman & Kenneth L. Judd & Ehud Kalai, 1990. "Observable Contracts: Strategic Delegation and Cooperation," Discussion Papers 879, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Mantin, Benny, 2012. "Airport complementarity: Private vs. government ownership and welfare gravitation," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 381-388.
- Spagnolo, Giancarlo, 2005. "Managerial incentives and collusive behavior," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 1501-1523, August.
- R. Midoro & E. Musso & F. Parola *, 2005. "Maritime liner shipping and the stevedoring industry: market structure and competition strategies," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 89-106, April.
- Michael L. Katz, 1991.
"Game-Playing Agents: Unobservable Contracts as Precommitments,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(3), pages 307-328, Autumn.
- Michael L. Katz., 1991. "Game-Playing Agents: Unobservable Contracts as Precommitments," Economics Working Papers 91-172, University of California at Berkeley.
- Katz, Michael L., 1991. "Game-Playing Agents: Unobservable Contracts as Precommitments," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt79b870w0, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Christopher M. Anderson & Yong-An Park & Young-Tae Chang & Chang-Ho Yang & Tae-Woo Lee & Meifeng Luo, 2008. "A game-theoretic analysis of competition among container port hubs: the case of Busan and Shanghai 1," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 5-26, February.
- Fershtman, Chaim & Judd, Kenneth L, 1987. "Equilibrium Incentives in Oligopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 927-940, December.
- Corts, Kenneth S. & Neher, Darwin V., 2003. "Credible delegation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 395-407, June.
- De Borger, Bruno & Proost, Stef, 2012.
"Transport policy competition between governments: A selective survey of the literature,"
Economics of Transportation,
Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 35-48.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & PROOST, Stef, 2012. "Transport policy competition between governments: A selective survey of the literature," Working Papers 2012014, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Bruno De Borger & Stef Proost & Kurt Van Dender, 2008.
"Private Port Pricing and Public Investment in Port and Hinterland Capacity,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 42(3), pages 527-561, September.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & PROOST, Stef & VAN DENDER, Kurt, 2007. "Private port pricing and public investment in port and hinterland capacity," Working Papers 2007019, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Bruno De Borger & Stef Proost & Kurt Van Dender, 2007. "Private port pricing and public investment in port and Hinterland capacity," Working Papers Department of Economics ces0708, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Das, Satya P., 1997. "Strategic managerial delegation and trade policy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1-2), pages 173-188, August.
- Takahashi, Takaaki, 2004. "Spatial competition of governments in the investment on public facilities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 455-488, July.
- Simme J Veldman & Ewout H Bückmann, 2003. "A Model on Container Port Competition: An Application for the West European Container Hub-Ports," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 5(1), pages 3-22, March.
- Mori, Tomoya & Nishikimi, Koji, 2002. "Economies of transport density and industrial agglomeration," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 167-200, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Teraji, Yusuke & Morimoto, Yu, 2014. "Price competition of airports and its effect on the airline network," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 45-57.
More about this item
KeywordsInfrastructure competition; privatization; strategic delegation;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L90 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - General
- L98 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2013-07-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2013-07-28 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-REG-2013-07-28 (Regulation)
- NEP-TRE-2013-07-28 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:ewikln:2013_013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Williams). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ewikode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.