Hub port competition and welfare effects of strategic privatization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2012.
"Airport Privatization And International Competition,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 63(4), pages 431-450, December.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2010. "Airport privatization and international competition," ISER Discussion Paper 0792, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Ali Dadpay & John S. Heywood, 2006. "Mixed Oligopoly In A Single International Market ," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 269-280, December.
- Ken Hendricks & Michele Piccione & Guofu Tan, 1999.
"Equilibria in Networks,"
Econometric Society, vol. 67(6), pages 1407-1434, November.
- Hendricks, K. & Piccione, M. & Tan, G., 1997. "Equilibria in networks," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9717, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Christopher M. Anderson & Yong-An Park & Young-Tae Chang & Chang-Ho Yang & Tae-Woo Lee & Meifeng Luo, 2008. "A game-theoretic analysis of competition among container port hubs: the case of Busan and Shanghai 1," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 5-26, February.
- Matsushima, Noriaki & Takauchi, Kazuhiro, 2014. "Port privatization in an international oligopoly," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 382-397.
- Andrew Yuen & Leonardo J. Basso & Anming Zhang, 2008. "Effects of Gateway Congestion Pricing on Optimal Road Pricing and Hinterland," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 42(3), pages 495-526, September.
- Fershtman, Chaim & Judd, Kenneth L, 1987. "Equilibrium Incentives in Oligopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 927-940, December.
- Tongzon, Jose & Heng, Wu, 2005. "Port privatization, efficiency and competitiveness: Some empirical evidence from container ports (terminals)," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 405-424, June.
- De Borger, Bruno & Proost, Stef, 2012.
"Transport policy competition between governments: A selective survey of the literature,"
Economics of Transportation,
Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 35-48.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & PROOST, Stef, 2012. "Transport policy competition between governments: A selective survey of the literature," Working Papers 2012014, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Bruno De Borger & Stef Proost & Kurt Van Dender, 2008.
"Private Port Pricing and Public Investment in Port and Hinterland Capacity,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 42(3), pages 527-561, September.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & PROOST, Stef & VAN DENDER, Kurt, 2007. "Private port pricing and public investment in port and hinterland capacity," Working Papers 2007019, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Bruno De Borger & Stef Proost & Kurt Van Dender, 2007. "Private port pricing and public investment in port and Hinterland capacity," Working Papers Department of Economics ces0708, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Yulai Wan & Anming Zhang, 2013. "Urban Road Congestion and Seaport Competition," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 47(1), pages 55-70, January.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2012. "Locating Outside A Linear City Can Benefit Consumers," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 420-432, August.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1985.
"Export subsidies and international market share rivalry,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 83-100, February.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1984. "Export Subsidies and International Market Share Rivalry," NBER Working Papers 1464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takahashi, Takaaki, 2004. "Spatial competition of governments in the investment on public facilities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 455-488, July.
- Lihua Han & Hikaru Ogawa, 2008. "Economic Integration and Strategic Privatization in an International Mixed Oligopoly," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 64(3), pages 352-363, September.
- Mori, Tomoya & Nishikimi, Koji, 2002. "Economies of transport density and industrial agglomeration," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 167-200, March.
- de Fraja, Giovanni & Delbono, Flavio, 1989. "Alternative Strategies of a Public Enterprise in Oligopoly," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 302-311, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hidalgo-Gallego, Soraya & Núñez-Sánchez, Ramón & Coto-Millán, Pablo, 2017. "Spatial non-price competition in port infrastructure services," MPRA Paper 80417, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wan, Yulai & Basso, Leonardo J. & Zhang, Anming, 2016. "Strategic investments in accessibility under port competition and inter-regional coordination," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 93(PA), pages 102-125.
- Noruzoliaee, Mohamadhossein & Zou, Bo & Zhang, Anming, 2015. "Airport partial and full privatization in a multi-airport region: Focus on pricing and capacity," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 45-60.
- repec:pal:marecl:v:20:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1057_s41278-016-0004-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:265:y:2018:i:3:p:1172-1191 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lin, Ming Hsin & Mantin, Benny, 2015. "Airport privatization in international inter-hub and spoke networks," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 189-199.
More about this item
KeywordsHub port; Transport policy competition; Infrastructure pricing; Privatization;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecotra:v:3:y:2014:i:3:p:211-220. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecotra .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.