Services Policy Reform in the People’s Republic of China: Before and After the Global Financial Crisis
Adverse effects of the global financial crisis on international trade include falling demand, increased trade protectionism, and drying up of trade finance. Much attention has focused on the impact of the crisis on goods trade; however literature on its impact on services trade is limited, especially on the services trade in the People’s Republic of China (PRC). This paper analyzes the impact of the global financial crisis on the PRC’s services trade, discusses the government’s policy responses, and raises policy suggestions.
|Date of creation:||15 Aug 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kasumigaseki Building 8F, 3-2-5, Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6008, Japan|
Fax: (81-3) 3593-5571
Web page: http://www.adbi.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joseph F. Francois & B. Hoekman, 2009.
"Services Trade and Policy,"
wiiw Working Papers
60, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Joseph F. Francois & Bernard Hoekman, 2009. "Services Trade and Policy," Economics working papers 2009-03, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Francois, Joseph & Hoekman, Bernard, 2009. "Services Trade and Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 7616, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ingo Borchert & Aaditya Mattoo, 2009.
"The crisis-resilience of services trade,"
The Service Industries Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(13), pages 2115-2136, August.
- Gootiiz, Batshur & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2009. "Services in Doha : what's on the table ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4903, The World Bank.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2011.
"Services Trade Liberalization and Regulatory Reform: Re-invigorating International Cooperation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8181, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2011. "Services trade liberalization and regulatory reform : re-invigorating international cooperation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5517, The World Bank.
- Milberg, William & Winkler, Deborah, 2010. "Trade crisis and recovery : restructuring of global value chains," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5294, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbiwp:0304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marc Benger)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.