Aid for Trade: An Action Agenda Looking Forward
The current postcrisis environment—and fragile economic recovery—increases the importance of aid for trade. Global rebalancing and tightened fiscal budgets in the short to medium term also place renewed emphasis on aid effectiveness. This note identifies four options to enhance the effectiveness of the multilateral aid for trade initiative: (i) expanding market access for least-developed countries (LDCs) through leadership by middleincome G-20 members; (ii) creating a mechanism to identify good practices in domestic regulation of service markets and other “behind-the-border” trade-related policies; (iii) leveraging the dynamism and knowledge of the private sector to improve trade facilitation and build capacity; and (iv) making a concerted effort to expand data collection and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of aid for trade.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 25 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1818 H Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20433|
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: http://www.worldbank.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Antoine BOUET & David LABORDE & Elisa DIENESCH & Kimberly ELLIOTT, 2010.
"The Costs and Benefits of Duty-Free, Quota-Free Market Access for Poor Countries: Who and What Matters,"
11, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Feb 2010.
- Bouët Antoine & Laborde-Debucquet David & Dienesch Elisa & Elliott Kimberly, 2012. "The Costs and Benefits of Duty-Free, Quota-Free Market Access for Poor Countries: Who and What Matters," Journal of Globalization and Development, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-27, June.
- Antoine Bouët, David Laborde Debucquet,Elisa Dienesch, and Kimberly Elliott, 2010. "The Costs and Benefits of Duty-Free, Quota-Free Market Access for Poor Countries: Who and What Matters," Working Papers 206, Center for Global Development.
- Helble, Matthias & Mann, Catherine & Wilson, John S., 2009.
"Aid for trade facilitation,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5064, The World Bank.
- Matthias Helble & Catherine Mann & John Wilson, 2012. "Aid-for-trade facilitation," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 148(2), pages 357-376, June.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Wilson, John S., 2010. "Aid for trade : building on progress today for tomorrow's future," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5361, The World Bank.
- Gootiiz, Batshur & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2009. "Services in Doha : what's on the table ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4903, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:prmecp:ep25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Jelenic)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.