The Role of Land Certification in Reducing Gender Gaps in Productivity in Rural Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bezabih, Mintewab & Holden, Stein & Mannberg, Andrea, 2012. "The Role of Land Certification in Reducing Gender Gaps in Productivity in Rural Ethiopia," CLTS Working Papers 1/12, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
References listed on IDEAS
- Klaus Deininger & Daniel Ayalew Ali & Takashi Yamano, 2008.
"Legal Knowledge and Economic Development: The Case of Land Rights in Uganda,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 84(4), pages 593-619.
- Deininger, Klaus W. & Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Yamano, Takashi, 2006. "Legal knowledge and economic development: The case of land rights in Uganda," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21197, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Deininger, Klaus W. & Ayalew, Daniel & Yamano, Takashi, 2006. "Legal Knowledge and Economic Development: The Case of Land Rights in Uganda," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25431, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Deininger, Klaus & Ayalew, Daniel & Yamano, Takashi, 2006. "Legal knowledge and economic development : the case of land rights in Uganda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3868, The World Bank.
- Unknown, 2000. "Policies for sustainable land management in the highlands of Ethiopia," Research Reports 182896, International Livestock Research Institute.
- Bereket Kebede, 2002. "Land Tenure and Common Pool Resources in Rural Ethiopia: A Study Based on Fifteen Sites," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 14(1), pages 113-149.
- Crewett, Wibke & Bogale, Ayalneh & Korf, Benedikt, 2008. "Land tenure in Ethiopia: Continuity and change, shifting rulers, and the quest for state control," CAPRi working papers 91, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1995. "Selection corrections for panel data models under conditional mean independence assumptions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 115-132, July.
- Holden, Stein T. & Deininger, Klaus W. & Ghebru, Hosaena H., 2009. "Gender, Low-cost Land Certification, and Land Rental Market Participation," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51575, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R., 1996. "Male-female differences in agricultural productivity: Methodological issues and empirical evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1579-1595, October.
- Chamberlin, Jordan & Schmidt, Emily, 2012.
"Ethiopian Agriculture: A dynamic geographic perspective,"
IFPRI book chapters,in: Food and agriculture in Ethiopia: Progress and policy challenges, chapter 2
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Chamberlin, Jordan & Schmidt, Emily, 2011. "Ethiopian agriculture: A dynamic geographic perspective," ESSP working papers 17, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- de la Rupelle, Maëlys & Quheng, Deng & Li, Shi & Vendryes, Thomas, 2009.
"Land Rights Insecurity and Temporary Migration in Rural China,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4668, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maëlys De La Rupelle & Deng Quheng & Li Shi & Thomas Vendryes, 2009. "Land rights insecurity and temporary migration in rural China," PSE Working Papers halshs-00575041, HAL.
- Menale Kassie & Precious Zikhali & John Pender & Gunnar Köhlin, 2010. "The Economics of Sustainable Land Management Practices in the Ethiopian Highlands," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 605-627.
- Stein T. Holden & Klaus Deininger & Hosaena Ghebru, 2007. "Impacts of Low-Cost Land Certification on Investment and Productivity," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(2), pages 359-373.
- Seiichi Fukui, 1997. "The Meaning of Kinship in Sharecropping Contracts," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 394-406.
- Teklu, Tesfaye & Lemi, Adugna, 2004. "Factors affecting entry and intensity in informal rental land markets in Southern Ethiopian highlands," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 117-128, March.
- Michael Kevane & Leslie Gray, 1999. "A Woman's Field Is Made At Night: Gendered Land Rights And Norms In Burkina Faso," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 1-26.
- Bliss, C. J. & Stern, N. H., 1982. "Palanpur: The Economy of an Indian Village," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284192.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eskander, Shaikh M.S.U. & Barbier, Edward B., 2017.
"Tenure Security, Human Capital and Soil Conservation in an Overlapping Generation Rural Economy,"
Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 176-185.
- Eskander, Shaikh M.S.U. & Barbier, Edward B., 2017. "Tenure security, human capital and soil conservation in an overlapping generation rural economy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 69196, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Arturo Aguilar & Eliana Carranza & Markus Goldstein & Talip Kilic & Gbemisola Oseni, 2015.
"Decomposition of gender differentials in agricultural productivity in Ethiopia,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(3), pages 311-334, May.
- Aguilar, Arturo & Carranza, Eliana & Goldstein, Markus & Kilic, Talip & Oseni, Gbemisola, 2014. "Decomposition of gender differentials in agricultural productivity in Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6764, The World Bank.
- Beyene, Abebe D. & Bezabih, Mintewab & Gebreegziabher, Zenebe, 2012. "Contract Duration under Incomplete Land Ownership Rights: Empirical Evidence from Rural Ethiopia," Discussion Papers dp-12-09-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Lovo, Stefania, 2016.
"Tenure Insecurity and Investment in Soil Conservation. Evidence from Malawi,"
Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 219-229.
- Stefania Lovo, 2013. "Tenure insecurity and investment in soil conservation. Evidence from Malawi," GRI Working Papers 114, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Lovo, Stefania, 2016. "Tenure insecurity and investment in soil conservation. Evidence from Malawi," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 64112, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hagos, Hosaena Gebru & Holden, Stein T., 2013. "Reverse-share-tenancy and Marshallian Inefficiency: Landownersâ€™ bargaining power and sharecroppersâ€™ productivity," IFPRI discussion papers 1270, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Holden, Stein & Bezu, Sosina, 2013. "Joint Land Certification and Intra-household Decision-making:Towards Empowerment of Wives?," CLTS Working Papers 14/13, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Bezabih, Mintewab, 2014. "Tenure insecurity, climate variability, and renting-out decisions among female small-holder farmers in Ethiopia," WIDER Working Paper Series 140, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Wisdom Akpalu & Mintewab Bezabih, 2015. "Tenure Insecurity, Climate Variability and Renting out Decisions among Female Small-Holder Farmers in Ethiopia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-16, June.
- Holden, Stein & Bezu, Sosina, 2014. "Joint Land Certification, Gendered Preferences, and Land-related Decisions: Are Wives Getting More Involved?," CLTS Working Papers 6/14, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Bezu, Sosina & Holden, Stein, 2013. "Unbundling Land Administrative Reform: Demand for Second Stage Land Certification in Ethiopia," CLTS Working Papers 3/13, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Debela, Bethelhem Legesse, 2016. "Factors affecting differences in livestock asset ownership between male and female-headed households in northern Ethiopia," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246906, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Di Falco, Salvatore & Veronesi, Marcella, 2014. "Climatic anomalies and conflicts: the role of tenure security on land disputes," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 183083, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Shibeshi, Gebeyehu Belay & Fuchs, Helmut & Mansberger, Reinfried, 2015. "Lessons from Systematic Evaluation of Land Administration Systems. The Case of Amhara National Regional State of Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 282-295.
More about this item
Keywordsproductivity; female-headed households; land certification;
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-11-13 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2010-11-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-11-13 (Development)
- NEP-EFF-2010-11-13 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-10-23-efd. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.