A Computable General Equilibrium Micro-Simulation Analysis of the Impact of Trade Policies on Poverty in Zimbabwe
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Margaret Chitiga & Tonia Kandiero & Ramos Mabugu, 2005. "Computable General Equilibrium Micro-Simulation Analysis of the Impact of Trade Policies on Poverty in Zimbabwe," Working Papers MPIA 2005-01, PEP-MPIA.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Cockburn, 2002.
"Trade Liberalisation and Poverty in Nepal: A Computable General Equilibrium Micro Simulation Analysis,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2002-11, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- John Cockburn, 2004. "Trade Liberalisation and Poverty in Nepal A Computable General Equilibrium Micro Simulation Analysis," Development and Comp Systems 0409012, EconWPA.
- Luc Savard, 2005.
"Poverty and Inequality Analysis within a CGE Framework: A Comparative Analysis of the Representative Agent and Microsimulation Approaches,"
Development Policy Review,
Overseas Development Institute, vol. 23(3), pages 313-331, May.
- Luc Savard, 2004. "Poverty and Inequality Analysis within a CGE Framework: a Comparative Analysis of the Representative Agent and Micro-Simulation Approaches," Cahiers de recherche 0412, CIRPEE.
- Luc Savard, 2005. "Poverty and Inequality Analysis within a CGE Framework: A Comparative Analysis of the Representative Agent and Microsimulation Approaches," Post-Print hal-00813583, HAL.
- L. ALAN WINTERS & NEIL McCULLOCH & ANDREW McKAY, 2015.
"Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Non-Tariff Barriers, Regionalism and Poverty Essays in Applied International Trade Analysis, chapter 14, pages 271-314
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- L. Alan Winters & Neil McCulloch & Andrew McKay, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 72-115, March.
- Rattso, Jorn & Torvik, Ragnar, 1998. "Zimbabwean Trade Liberalisation: Ex Post Evaluation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 325-346, May.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Decaluwé, Bernard & Dumont, Jean-Christophe & Savard, Luc, 2000. "Measuring Poverty and Inequality in a Computable General Equilibrium Model," Cahiers de recherche 9926, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Cogneau, Denis & Robilliard, Anne-Sophie, 2000. "Growth, distribution and poverty in Madagascar," TMD discussion papers 61, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Davies, James B., 2004. "Microsimulation, CGE and Macro Modelling for Transition and Developing Economies," WIDER Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Davies, Rob & Rattso, Jorn & Torvik, Ragnar, 1994. "The Macroeconomics of Zimbabwe in the 1980s: A CGE-Model Analysis," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 3(2), pages 153-198, October.
- Stifel, David C. & Thorbecke, Erik, 2003. "A dual-dual CGE model of an archetype African economy: trade reform, migration and poverty," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 207-235, April.
- Reimer, Jeffrey J., 2002.
"Estimating the Poverty Impacts of Trade Liberalization,"
GTAP Working Papers
1163, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Reimer, Jeffrey J., 2002. "Estimating the poverty impacts of trade liberalization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2790, The World Bank.
- Ramkishen Rajan & Graham Bird, 2002. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: Where Do We Stand?," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2002-30, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Winters, L. Alan, 2000. "Trade, Trade Policy and Poverty: What Are The Links?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2382, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bautista, Romeo M. & Lofgren, Hans & Thomas, Marcelle, 1998. "Does trade liberalization enhance income growth and equity in Zimbabwe?: the role of complimentary policies," TMD discussion papers 32, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Acharya, Sanjaya & Cohen, Solomon, 2008. "Trade liberalisation and household welfare in Nepal," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1057-1060.
- Mahofa, Godfrey, 2007. "Economic Analysis of Factors Affecting Cotton Production In Zimbabwe," Research Theses 134490, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Kebede, Sindu & Fekadu, Belay & Aredo, Dejene, 2011.
"Trade Liberalization and Poverty: A Macro-Micro Analysis in Ethiopia,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011
44, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Dejene Aredo & Belay Fekadu & Sindu W. Kebede, 2012. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: a Macro-Mciro Analysis in Ethiopia," Working Papers MPIA 2012-04, PEP-MPIA.
- Rana Hendy & Chahir Zaki, 2013.
"Assessing the Effects of Trade Liberalization on Wage Inequalities in Egypt: A Microsimulation Analysis,"
The International Trade Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(1), pages 63-104, March.
- Rana Hendy & Chahir Zaki, 2010. "Assessing The Effects of Trade Liberalization on Wage Inequalities in Egypt: A Microsimulation Analysis," Working Papers 555, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 Jan 2010.
- Ayoki, Milton, 2013. "Computable General Equilibrium Micro Simulation Analysis of the Impact of Trade Policies on Poverty in Uganda," MPRA Paper 78876, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ramos Mabugu & Margaret Chitiga, 2009. "Liberalising Trade In South Africa: A Survey Of Computable General Equilibrium Studies," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(3), pages 445-464, September.
- Chala, Zelalem T. & Norton, George W. & Grant, Jason H., 2010. "Economic Significance of Specific Export Promotion on Poverty Reduction and Inter- Industry Growth of Ethiopia," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61739, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Acharya, Sanjaya, 2011. "Making unilateral trade liberalisation beneficial to the poor," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 60-71, June.
- Ayoki, Milton, 2013. "Trade Policies and Poverty in Uganda: A Computable General Equilibrium Micro Simulation Analysis," MPRA Paper 80327, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ayoki, Milton, 2013. "Pursuing a pro-poor trade liberalization agenda: Regionalism, multilateralism and poverty in Uganda," MPRA Paper 83547, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ziaur Rahman, 2014. "The impact of trade liberalization on poverty reduction in Bangladesh: A computable general equilibrium (CGE) analysis," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(4), pages 240-253, April.
More about this item
KeywordsComputable General Equilibrium; Trade Liberalisation; Micro-simulation; Poverty; Inequality;
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-11-17 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2007-11-17 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2007-11-17 (Development)
- NEP-INT-2007-11-17 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pre:wpaper:200715. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rangan Gupta). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decupza.html .