A note on the estimation of competition-productivity nexus: A panel quantile approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Aghion & Nick Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2005.
"Competition and Innovation: an Inverted-U Relationship,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 120(2), pages 701-728.
- Philippe Aghion & Nicholas Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2002. "Competition and Innovation: An Inverted U Relationship," NBER Working Papers 9269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Howitt, Peter & Griffith, Rachel & Aghion, Philippe & Blundell, Richard & Bloom, Nick, 2005. "Competition and Innovation: An Inverted-U Relationship," Scholarly Articles 4481507, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Nicolas Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2002. "Competition and innovation: an inverted U relationship," IFS Working Papers W02/04, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Geert Dhaene & Koen Jochmans, 2015.
"Split-panel Jackknife Estimation of Fixed-effect Models,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 82(3), pages 991-1030.
- DHAENE, Geert & JOCHMANS, Koen, 2010. "Split-panel jackknife estimation of fixed-effect models," CORE Discussion Papers 2010003, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Geert Dhaene & Koen Jochmans, 2014. "Split-Panel Jackknife Estimation of Fixed-Effect Models," Sciences Po Economics Discussion Papers 2014-03, Sciences Po Departement of Economics.
- Geert Dhaene & Koen Jochmans, 2014. "Split-Panel Jackknife Estimation of Fixed-Effect Models," Working Papers hal-01070553, HAL.
- Geert Dhaene & Koen Jochmans, 2014. "Split-Panel Jackknife Estimation of Fixed-Effect Models," Sciences Po publications 2014-03, Sciences Po.
- Geert Dhaene & Koen Jochmans, 2010. "Split-panel jackknife estimation of fixed-effect models," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/eu4vqp9ompq, Sciences Po.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:134-149 is not listed on IDEAS
- Altunbaş, Yener & Thornton, John, 2019.
"The impact of financial development on income inequality: A quantile regression approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 51-56.
- Yener Altunbaş & John Thornton & Yurtsev Uymaz, 2019. "The impact of financial development on income inequality: a quantile regression approach," Working Papers 19003, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Yener Altunbaş & John Thornton, 2019. "The impact of financial development on income inequality: a quantile regression approach," Working Papers 19002, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Distante, Roberta & Petrella, Ivan & Santoro, Emiliano, 2018.
"Gibrat’s law and quantile regressions: An application to firm growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 5-9.
- Distante, Roberta & Petrella, Ivan & Santoro, Emiliano, 2017. "Gibrat's Law and Quantile Regressions: an Application to Firm Growth," EMF Research Papers 16, Economic Modelling and Forecasting Group.
- Van Reenen, John, 2011.
"Does competition raise productivity through improving management quality?,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 306-316, May.
- John Van Reenen, 2010. "Does Competition Raise Productivity Through Improving Management Quality?," CEP Discussion Papers dp1036, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ivan A. Canay, 2011. "A simple approach to quantile regression for panel data," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 14(3), pages 368-386, October.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:164:y:2018:i:c:p:1-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Prescott, Edward C, 1998. "Needed: A Theory of Total Factor Productivity," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(3), pages 525-551, August.
- Baryshnikova, Nadezhda V. & Pham, Ngoc T.A., 2019.
"Natural disasters and mental health: A quantile approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 62-66.
- Nadezhda V. Baryshnikova & Ngoc T. A. Pham, 2019. "Natural Disasters and Mental Health: A Quantile approach," School of Economics Working Papers 2019-03, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Polemis, Michael L. & Stengos, Thanasis, 2015. "Does market structure affect labour productivity and wages? Evidence from a smooth coefficient semiparametric panel model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 182-186.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:65:y:2019:i:c:p:221-247 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:276:y:2019:i:3:p:1104-1118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mian Dai & Qihong Liu & Konstantinos Serfes, 2014. "Is the Effect of Competition on Price Dispersion Nonmonotonic? Evidence from the U.S. Airline Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 96(1), pages 161-170, March.
- Chernozhukov, Victor & Hansen, Christian, 2008. "Instrumental variable quantile regression: A robust inference approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 379-398, January.
More about this item
KeywordsQuantile regression; Competition; Nonlinearities; Manufacturing; US;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2019-11-11 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EFF-2019-11-11 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ORE-2019-11-11 (Operations Research)
- NEP-TID-2019-11-11 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:96808. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.