Debt Sustainability and direction of trade: What does Africa’s shifting engagement with BRIC and OECD tells us?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Oyejide Titiloye Ademola & Abiodun S Bankole & Adeolu O Adewuyi, 2009. "China–Africa Trade Relations: Insights from AERC Scoping Studies," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 21(4), pages 485-505, September.
- Austin Strange & Bradley Parks & Michael J. Tierney & Andreas Fuchs & Axel Dreher & Vijaya Ramachandran, 2013. "China’s Development Finance to Africa: A Media-Based Approach to Data Collection," Working Papers 323, Center for Global Development.
- Ndikumana, Leonce, 2004.
"Additionality of debt relief and debt forgiveness, and implications for future volumes of official assistance,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 325-340.
- Ndikumana, Leonce, 2002. "Additionality of Debt Relief and Debt Forgiveness, and Implications for Future Volumes of Official Assistance," WIDER Working Paper Series 097, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Panizza, Ugo & Presbitero, Andrea F., 2014.
"Public debt and economic growth: Is there a causal effect?,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 21-41.
- Panizza, Ugo & Presbitero, Andrea F., 2012. "Public debt and economic growth: Is there a causal effect?," POLIS Working Papers 168, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Ugo Panizza & Andrea Filippo Presbitero, 2012. "Public Debt and Economic Growth: Is There a Causal Effect?," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 65, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Kelbesa Megersa & Danny Cassimon, 2015.
"Public Debt, Economic Growth, and Public Sector Management in Developing Countries: Is There a Link?,"
Public Administration & Development,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(5), pages 329-346, December.
- Megersa, Kelbesa & Cassimon, Danny, 2014. "Public debt, economic growth and public sector management in developing countries: is there a link?," IOB Working Papers 2014.11, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Margaret McMillan & Kenneth Harttgen, 2014. "Working Paper - 209 - What is driving the African Growth Miracle," Working Paper Series 2145, African Development Bank.
- Eberhardt, Markus & Presbitero, Andrea F., 2015. "Public debt and growth: Heterogeneity and non-linearity," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 45-58.
- Cassimon, Danny & van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2007. "Aid Effectiveness, Debt Relief and Public Finance Response: Evidence from a Panel of HIPCs," WIDER Working Paper Series 059, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Easterly, William, 2002. "How Did Heavily Indebted Poor Countries Become Heavily Indebted? Reviewing Two Decades of Debt Relief," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 1677-1696, October.
- Paul De Grauwe & Romain Houssa & Giulia Piccillo, 2012. "African trade dynamics: is China a different trading partner?," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 15-45, August.
- David Dollar & Craig Burnside, 2000. "Aid, Policies, and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 847-868, September.
- Henrik Hansen & Finn Tarp, 2000. "Aid effectiveness disputed," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 375-398, April.
- Dabla-Norris, Era & Bal Gündüz, Yasemin, 2014. "Exogenous Shocks and Growth Crises in Low-Income Countries: A Vulnerability Index," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 360-378.
- Carl-Johan Dalgaard & Henrik Hansen & Finn Tarp, 2004.
"On The Empirics of Foreign Aid and Growth,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(496), pages 191-216, June.
- Carl-Johan Dalgaard & Henrik Hansen & Finn Tarp, 2001. "On the Empirics of Foreign Aid and Growth," EPRU Working Paper Series 03-13, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics, revised Sep 2003.
- Dalgaard, Carl-Johan & Hansen, Henrik & Tarp, Finn, 2002. "On the Empirics of Foreign Aid and Growth," MPRA Paper 63696, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ugo Panizza & Andrea F. Presbitero, 2013.
"Public Debt and Economic Growth in Advanced Economies: A Survey,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 149(II), pages 175-204, June.
- Ugo Panizza & Andrea Filippo Presbitero, 2013. "Public Debt and Economic Growth in Advanced Economies: A Survey," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 78, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Oumar Diallo & Sampawende J.-A. Tapsoba, 2016.
"Rising BRIC and Changes in Sub-Saharan Africa's Business Cycle Patterns,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(2), pages 260-284, February.
- Oumar Diallo & Sampawende J Tapsoba, 2014. "Rising BRICs and Changes in Sub-Saharan Africa’s Business Cycle Patterns," IMF Working Papers 14/35, International Monetary Fund.
- Danny Cassimon & Bjorn Van Campenhout, 2007.
"Aid Effectiveness, Debt Relief and Public Finance Response: Evidence from a Panel of HIPC Countries,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 143(4), pages 742-763, December.
- Cassimon, Danny & Van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2006. "Aid effectiveness, debt relief and public finance response: evidence from a panel of HIPC countries," IOB Working Papers 2006.02, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Kelbesa Abdisa Megersa, 2015.
"The laffer curve and the debt-growth link in low-income Sub-Saharan African economies,"
Journal of Economic Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 42(5), pages 878-892, October.
- Megersa, kelbesa, 2014. "The laffer curve and the debt-growth link in low-income Sub-Saharan African economies," MPRA Paper 54362, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Margaret S. McMillan & Kenneth Harttgen, 2014.
"What is driving the 'African Growth Miracle'?,"
NBER Working Papers
20077, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harttgen, Kenneth & McMillan, Margaret, 2015. "What is driving the 'African Growth Miracle'?," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112839, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Yuqing Xing & Manisha Pradhananga, 2013. "How Important is Exports and FDI for China's Economic Growth?," GRIPS Discussion Papers 13-04, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Cassimon, Danny & Essers, Dennis, 2013. "A chameleon called debt relief," IOB Working Papers 2013.01, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
More about this item
Keywordsdebt sustainability; threshold effects; international trade; Growth Accounting;
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- N17 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Africa; Oceania
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- P33 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - International Trade, Finance, Investment, Relations, and Aid
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:76581. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.