An Econometric Approach for Modeling Population Change in Doña Ana County, New Mexico
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cebula, Richard J. & Alexander, Gigi M., 2006. "Determinants of Net Interstate Migration, 2000-2004," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 36(2).
- Fullerton, Thomas & Barraza de Anda, Martha, 2008. "Borderplex Population Modeling," MPRA Paper 7032, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas M. Fullerton JR., 2001.
"Specification of a Borderplex Econometric Forecasting Model,"
International Regional Science Review,
, vol. 24(2), pages 245-260, April.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr, 2004. "Specification of a Borderplex Econometric Forecasting Model," Urban/Regional 0405006, EconWPA.
- Brian Cushing & Jacques Poot, 2003.
"Crossing boundaries and borders: Regional science advances in migration modelling,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 83(1), pages 317-338, October.
- Brian Cushing & Jacques Poot, 2003. "Crossing boundaries and borders: Regional science advances in migration modelling," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 317-338, October.
- Xiao, Ni & Zarnikau, Jay & Damien, Paul, 2007. "Testing functional forms in energy modeling: An application of the Bayesian approach to U.S. electricity demand," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 158-166, March.
- Everett Lee, 1966. "A theory of migration," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 3(1), pages 47-57, March.
- Booth, Heather, 2006. "Demographic forecasting: 1980 to 2005 in review," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 547-581.
- Richard J. Cebula & J. R. Clark, 2013.
"An extension of the Tiebout hypothesis of voting with one's feet: the Medicaid magnet hypothesis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(32), pages 4575-4583, November.
- Cebula, Richard & Clark, Jeff, 2012. "An Extension of the Tiebout Hypothesis of Voting with One's Feet: The Medicaid Magnet Hypothesis," MPRA Paper 52431, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward, 1991.
"Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role of Relative Deprivation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(408), pages 1163-1178, September.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J. Edward, 1990. "Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role Of Relative Deprivation," Working Papers 225854, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Ramirez, David A. & Walke, Adam G., 2013. "An Econometric Analysis of Population Change in Arkansas," MPRA Paper 59588, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 11 Nov 2013.
- Jeff Tayman & David Swanson, 1996. "On the utility of population forecasts," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 33(4), pages 523-528, November.
- David J. Spiegelhalter & Nicola G. Best & Bradley P. Carlin & Angelika van der Linde, 2002. "Bayesian measures of model complexity and fit," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(4), pages 583-639.
- Ralph Rotte & Michael Vogler, 2000.
"The effects of development on migration: Theoretical issues and new empirical evidence,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(3), pages 485-508.
- Rotte, Ralph & Vogler, Michael, 1999. "The Effects of Development on Migration: Theoretical Issues and New Empirical Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 46, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Richard J. Cebula & J.R. Clark, 2011.
"Migration, Economic Freedom, and Personal Freedom: An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Private Enterprise,
The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 27(Fall 2011), pages 43-62.
- Cebula, Richard & Clark, Jeff, 2010. "Migration, Economic Freedom, and Personal Freedom: An Empirical Analysis," MPRA Paper 50957, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Apr 2010.
- Anna Mayda, 2010.
"International migration: a panel data analysis of the determinants of bilateral flows,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(4), pages 1249-1274, September.
- Mayda, Anna Maria, 2007. "International Migration: A Panel Data Analysis of the Determinants of Bilateral Flows," CEPR Discussion Papers 6289, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anna Maria Mayda, 2007. "International migration: A panel data analysis of the determinants of bilateral flows," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0707, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Jaewon Lim, 2011. "Does wage differential driven migration continue to exist? Tests on the role of regional economic structure in wage differential driven migration," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 47(1), pages 213-233, August.
- Smith, Stanley K., 1997. "Further thoughts on simplicity and complexity in population projection models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 557-565, December.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Rubén Hernández-Murillo & Lesli S. Ott & Michael T. Owyang & Denise Whalen, 2011.
"Patterns of interstate migration in the United States from the survey of income and program participation,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 169-186.
- RubÃ©n HernÃ¡ndez-Murillo & Lesli S. Ott & Michael T. Owyang & Denise Whalen, 2011. "Patterns of Interstate Migration in the United States from the Survey of Income and Program Participation," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 81db00bb87b14081b19193438, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Thomas R. Plaut, 1981. "An Econometric Model for Forecasting Regional Population Growth," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 6(1), pages 53-70, April.
- repec:mpr:mprres:6984 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Ilse Ruyssen & Gerdie Everaert & Glenn Rayp, 2014. "Determinants and dynamics of migration to OECD countries in a three-dimensional panel framework," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 175-197, February.
More about this item
KeywordsPopulation Economics; Regional Economics; Applied Econometrics; Migration; Forecasting;
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2016-05-14 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2016-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-MIG-2016-05-14 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:71141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .