Testing functional forms in energy modeling: An application of the Bayesian approach to U.S. electricity demand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zarnikau, Jay, 2003. "Functional forms in energy demand modeling," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 603-613, November.
- Uri+, Noel D., 1982. "The industrial demand for energy," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 69-84.
- Uri, Noel D., 1982. "The industrial demand for energy," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 27-57, March.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ohtsuka, Yoshihiro & Oga, Takashi & Kakamu, Kazuhiko, 2010. "Forecasting electricity demand in Japan: A Bayesian spatial autoregressive ARMA approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(11), pages 2721-2735, November.
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Ramirez, David A. & Walke, Adam G., 2013. "An Econometric Analysis of Population Change in Arkansas," MPRA Paper 59588, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 11 Nov 2013.
- Woo, C.K. & Liu, Y. & Zarnikau, J. & Shiu, A. & Luo, X. & Kahrl, F., 2018. "Price elasticities of retail energy demands in the United States: New evidence from a panel of monthly data for 2001–2016," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 222(C), pages 460-474.
- Woo, C.K. & Shiu, A. & Liu, Y. & Luo, X. & Zarnikau, J., 2018. "Consumption effects of an electricity decarbonization policy: Hong Kong," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 887-902.
- Mizobuchi, Kenichi, 2008. "An empirical study on the rebound effect considering capital costs," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2486-2516, September.
- Wang, Siyan & Sun, Xun & Lall, Upmanu, 2017. "A hierarchical Bayesian regression model for predicting summer residential electricity demand across the U.S.A," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 140(P1), pages 601-611.
- Ken-ichi Mizobuchi & Hisashi Tanizaki, 2014. "On estimation of almost ideal demand system using moving blocks bootstrap and pairs bootstrap methods," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 1221-1250, December.
- Bessec, Marie & Fouquau, Julien, 2008.
"The non-linear link between electricity consumption and temperature in Europe: A threshold panel approach,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2705-2721, September.
- Marie Bessec & Julien FOUQUAU, 2007. "The Non-linear Link between Electricity Consumption and Temperature in Europe: a Threshold Panel Approach," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 1636, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Julien Fouquau, 2008. "The Non-Linear Link between Electricity Consumption and Temperature in Europe: a Threshold Panel Approach," Post-Print halshs-00360442, HAL.
- Julien Fouquau, 2008. "The Non-Linear Link between Electricity Consumption and Temperature in Europe: a Threshold Panel Approach," Post-Print halshs-00360443, HAL.
- Julien Fouquau, 2007. "The non-linear link between electricity consumption and temperature in Europe: a threshold panel approach," Post-Print halshs-00224319, HAL.
- Marie Bessec & Julien Fouquau, 2008. "The non-linear link between electricity consumption and temperature in Europe: a threshold panel approach," Post-Print halshs-00222934, HAL.
- Psiloglou, B.E. & Giannakopoulos, C. & Majithia, S. & Petrakis, M., 2009. "Factors affecting electricity demand in Athens, Greece and London, UK: A comparative assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 1855-1863.
- Salisu, Afees A. & Ayinde, Taofeek O., 2016. "Modeling energy demand: Some emerging issues," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1470-1480.
- Karimu, Amin & Brännlund, Runar, 2013. "Functional form and aggregate energy demand elasticities: A nonparametric panel approach for 17 OECD countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 19-27.
- Kurt Kratena & Ina Meyer & Michael Wüger, 2009.
"Ökonomische, technologische und soziodemographische Einflussfaktoren der Energienachfrage,"
WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 82(7), pages 525-538, July.
- Kurt Kratena & Ina Meyer & Michael Wüger, 2009. "Ökonomische, technologische und soziodemographische Einflussfaktoren der Energienachfrage," WIFO Working Papers 339, WIFO.
- T. M. Fullerton & A. G. Walke, 2013. "Public transportation demand in a border metropolitan economy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(27), pages 3922-3931, September.
- Rowland, Christopher S. & Mjelde, James W. & Dharmasena, Senarath, 2017. "Policy implications of considering pre-commitments in U.S. aggregate energy demand system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 406-413.
- Contreras, Sergio & Smith, Wm. Doyle & Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr., 2010. "U.S. commercial electricity consumption," MPRA Paper 34855, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 May 2011.
- Chan, Joshua C.C. & Grant, Angelia L., 2016.
"Fast computation of the deviance information criterion for latent variable models,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 847-859.
- Joshua C.C. Chan & Angelia L. Grant, 2014. "Fast Computation of the Deviance Information Criterion for Latent Variable Models," CAMA Working Papers 2014-09, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Agnolucci, Paolo, 2009. "The effect of the German and British environmental taxation reforms: A simple assessment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3043-3051, August.
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Walke, Adam G. & Villavicencio, Diana, 2015. "An Econometric Approach for Modeling Population Change in Doña Ana County, New Mexico," MPRA Paper 71141, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Jan 2015.
- Angela Köppl & Michael Wüger, 2007. "Determinanten der Energienachfrage der privaten Haushalte unter Berücksichtigung von Lebensstilen," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 29999, September.
- Li, Gong & Shi, Jing, 2012. "Applications of Bayesian methods in wind energy conversion systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 1-8.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:29:y:2007:i:2:p:158-166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.