Functional form and aggregate energy demand elasticities: A nonparametric panel approach for 17 OECD countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kouris, G., 1976. "The determinants of energy demand in the EEC area," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 343-355, December.
- Massimo Filippini & Lester C. Hunt, 2011.
"Energy Demand and Energy Efficiency in the OECD Countries: A Stochastic Demand Frontier Approach,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 59-80.
- Massimo Filippini & Lester Hunt, 2009. "Energy demand and energy efficiency in the OECD countries: a stochastic demand frontier approach," CEPE Working paper series 09-68, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Massimo Filippini & Lester C Hunt, 2010. "Energy demand and energy efficiency in the OECD countries: a stochastic demand frontier approach," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 127, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Jones, Clifton T, 1994. "Accounting for technical progress in aggregate energy demand," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 245-252, October.
- Kwabena Gyimah-Brempong & Jeffrey Racine, 2010. "Aid and investment in LDCs: A robust approach," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 319-349.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Zarnikau, Jay, 2003. "Functional forms in energy demand modeling," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 603-613, November.
- Kaddour Hadri, 2000.
"Testing for stationarity in heterogeneous panel data,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 3(2), pages 148-161.
- Kaddour Hadri, 1999. "Testing For Stationarity In Heterogeneous Panel Data," Research Papers 1999_04, University of Liverpool Management School.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "HADRI: RATS procedure to implement Hadri test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00084, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Xiao, Ni & Zarnikau, Jay & Damien, Paul, 2007. "Testing functional forms in energy modeling: An application of the Bayesian approach to U.S. electricity demand," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 158-166, March.
- Broadstock, David C. & Hunt, Lester C., 2010.
"Quantifying the impact of exogenous non-economic factors on UK transport oil demand,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1559-1565, March.
- David C Broadstock & Lester C Hunt, 2009. "Quantifying the Impact of Exogenous Non-Economic Factors on UK Transport Oil Demand," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 123, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Joakim Westerlund, 2007.
"Testing for Error Correction in Panel Data,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 69(6), pages 709-748, December.
- Westerlund, Joakim, 2005. "Testing for Error Correction in Panel Data," Working Papers 2005:11, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Westerlund Joakim, 2006. "Testing for Error Correction in Panel Data," Research Memorandum 056, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, May.
- Prosser, Richard D., 1985. "Demand elasticities in OECD : Dynamical aspects," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 9-12, January.
- Welsch, Heinz, 1989. "The reliability of aggregate energy demand functions : An application of statistical specification error tests," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 285-292, October.
- Olutomi I. Adeyemi & David C. Broadstock, 2009. "Underlying consumer preferences and their contribution to energy demand," OPEC Energy Review, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 33(3-4), pages 198-204, September.
- James M. Griffin & Craig T. Schulman, 2005. "Price Asymmetry in Energy Demand Models: A Proxy for Energy-Saving Technical Change?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-22.
- John Xu Zheng, 1996. "A consistent test of functional form via nonparametric estimation techniques," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 263-289, December.
- Dermot Gately & Hiliard G. Huntington, 2002. "The Asymmetric Effects of Changes in Price and Income on Energy and Oil Demand," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 19-55.
- David J. Spiegelhalter & Nicola G. Best & Bradley P. Carlin & Angelika van der Linde, 2002. "Bayesian measures of model complexity and fit," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(4), pages 583-639.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:epolit:v:35:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s40888-017-0074-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heindl, Peter & Schuessler, Rudolf, 2015.
"Dynamic properties of energy affordability measures,"
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 123-132.
- Heindl, Peter & Schüssler, Rudolf, 2015. "Dynamic properties of energy affordability measures," ZEW Discussion Papers 15-019, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Peter Heindl & Rudolf Schüssler, 2015. "Dynamic Properties of Energy Affordability Measures," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 746, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Halkos, George E. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2013.
"Carbon dioxide emissions and governance: A nonparametric analysis for the G-20,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 110-118.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2012. "Carbon dioxide emissions and governance: A nonparametric analysis for the G-20," MPRA Paper 40387, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brännlund Runar & Karimu Amin & Söderholm Patrik, 2017.
"Convergence in carbon dioxide emissions and the role of growth and institutions: a parametric and non-parametric analysis,"
Environmental Economics and Policy Studies,
Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 19(2), pages 359-390, April.
- Brännlund, Runar & Karimu, Amin & Söderholm, Patrik, 2014. "Convergence in carbon dioxide emissions and the role of growth and institutions A parametric and nonparametric analysis," CERE Working Papers 2014:12, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:255-267 is not listed on IDEAS
- Galip Altinay & A. Talha Yalta, 2016. "Estimating the evolution of elasticities of natural gas demand: the case of Istanbul, Turkey," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 201-220, August.
- Salisu, Afees A. & Ayinde, Taofeek O., 2016. "Modeling energy demand: Some emerging issues," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1470-1480.
- Bigerna, Simona & Bollino, Carlo Andrea & Micheli, Silvia, 2016. "Renewable energy scenarios for costs reductions in the European Union," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(PA), pages 80-90.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:11:p:1918-:d:119727 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rowland, Christopher S. & Mjelde, James W. & Dharmasena, Senarath, 2017. "Policy implications of considering pre-commitments in U.S. aggregate energy demand system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 406-413.
- Valeria Costantini & Elena Paglialunga, 2014. "Elasticity of substitution in capital-energy relationships: how central is a sector-based panel estimation approach?," SEEDS Working Papers 1314, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised May 2014.
More about this item
KeywordsCointegration; Log-linear; Panel data and specification test;
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:36:y:2013:i:c:p:19-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.