Does Government Expenditure on Education Promote Economic Growth? An Econometric Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Risti Permani, 2009. "The Role of Education in Economic Growth in East Asia: a survey," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 23(1), pages 1-20, May.
- William F. Blankenau & Nicole B. Simpson & Marc Tomljanovich, 2007. "Public Education Expenditures, Taxation, and Growth: Linking Data to Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 393-397, May.
- O'Neill, Donal, 1995. "Education and Income Growth: Implications for Cross-Country Inequality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1289-1301, December.
- Kyrtsou, Catherine & Labys, Walter C., 2006. "Evidence for chaotic dependence between US inflation and commodity prices," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 256-266, March.
- Sylwester, Kevin, 2000. "Income inequality, education expenditures, and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 379-398, December.
- Niloy Bose & M. Emranul Haque & Denise R. Osborn, 2007. "Public Expenditure And Economic Growth: A Disaggregated Analysis For Developing Countries," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 75(5), pages 533-556, September.
- Jiranyakul, Komain, 2007. "The Relation between Government Expenditures and Economic Growth in Thailand," MPRA Paper 46070, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Janda, Karel & Quarshie, Gregory, 2017. "Modelling Natural Resources, Oil and Economic Growth in Africa," MPRA Paper 76749, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ageli, Dr Mohammed Moosa, 2013. "Does Education Expenditure Promote Economic Growth in Saudi Arabia? An Econometric Analysis," MPRA Paper 46673, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:hur:ijarbs:v:7:y:2017:i:6:p:769-772 is not listed on IDEAS
- Janda, Karel & Quarshie, Gregory, 2017. "Natural Resources, Oil and Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 76748, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sayantan Ghosh Dastidar & Sushil Mohan & Monojit Chatterji, 2012.
"The relationship between public education expenditure and economic growth: The case of India,"
Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics
273, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Dastidar, Sayantan Ghosh & Mohan, Sushil & Chatterji, Monojit, 2013. "The relationship between public education expenditure and economic growth: The case of India," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-07, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Muhammad Baqir Abdullah & Mukaramah Harun & Mohd Razani Mohd Jali, 2017. "Employment Generated by Government Spending on Education," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 7(2), pages 738-742, February.
- Awel, Ahmed Mohammed, 2013. "The long-run Relationship between Human Capital and Economic Growth in Sweden," MPRA Paper 45183, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsEducation expenditure; Economic growth; Indian economy; Granger Causality; Non-linearity.;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-10-09 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EDU-2010-10-09 (Education)
- NEP-FDG-2010-10-09 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-MAC-2010-10-09 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25480. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .