Too Expensive to Meter: The influence of transaction costs in transportation and communication
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226199993 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bogart, Dan, 2005. "Turnpike Trusts, Infrastructure Investment, and the Road Transportation Revolution in Eighteenth-Century England," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 65(02), pages 540-543, June.
- David M. Levinson, 2002. "Financing Transportation Networks," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2308.
- Anna Matas, 2003. "Demand and revenue implications of an integrated public transport policy. The case of," Working Papers wpdea0304, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- David Levinson, 2001.
"Why States Toll: An Empirical Model of Finance Choice,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 35(2), pages 223-237, May.
- David Levinson, 2001. "Why States Toll: An Empirical Model of Finance Choice," Working Papers 200102, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Coase, R H, 1974. "The Lighthouse in Economics," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 357-376, October.
- Armelius, Hanna & Hultkrantz, Lars, 2006.
"The politico-economic link between public transport and road pricing: An ex-ante study of the Stockholm road-pricing trial,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 162-172, March.
- Hutlkrantz, Lars & Armelius, Hanna, 2005. "The Politico-Economic Link Between Public Transport And Road Pricing: An Ex-Ante Study Of The Stockholm Road-Pricing Trial," Working Papers 2005:8, Örebro University, School of Business.
- McCarthy Patrick & Tay Richard, 1993. "Economic Efficiency vs Traffic Restraint: A Note on Singapore's Area License Scheme," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 96-100, July.
- Prud'homme, Rémy & Bocarejo, Juan Pablo, 2005. "The London congestion charge: a tentative economic appraisal," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 279-287, May.
- Mackie, Peter, 2005. "The London congestion charge: A tentative economic appraisal. A comment on the paper by Prud'homme and Bocajero," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 288-290, May.
- Odlyzko, Andrew, 2000. "The Internet and other networks: utilization rates and their implications," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 341-365, December.
- FitzRoy, Felix & Smith, Ian, 1999. "Season Tickets and the Demand for Public Transport," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 219-238.
- Odlyzko Andrew, 2004. "The Evolution of Price Discrimination in Transportation and its Implications for the Internet," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 1-24, September.
- Amy Finkelstein, 2007. "E-ZTax: Tax Salience and Tax Rates," NBER Working Papers 12924, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bogart, Dan, 2005. "Turnpike trusts and the transportation revolution in 18th century England," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 479-508, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benjamin Edelman, 2009. "Priced and Unpriced Online Markets," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 21-36, Summer.
- Nikolas Geroliminis & David Levinson, 2008. "Cordon pricing consistent with the physics of overcrowding," Working Papers 000038, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Lindsey, Robin, 2011.
"State-dependent congestion pricing with reference-dependent preferences,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1501-1526.
- Lindsey, Robin, 2010. "State-dependent congestion pricing with reference-dependent preferences," Working Papers 2010-4, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Carnis Laurent, 2014. "The Political Economy of Lighthouses: Some Further Considerations," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 20(2), pages 143-165, December.
- Wang, Judith Y.T. & Lindsey, Robin & Yang, Hai, 2011.
"Nonlinear pricing on private roads with congestion and toll collection costs,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 9-40, January.
- Lindsey, Robin & Wang, Judith & Yang, Hai, 2010. "Nonlinear Pricing on Private Roads with Congestion and Toll Collection Costs," Working Papers 2010-3, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordstransportation; communication; transaction costs; collection costs;
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
- R48 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government Pricing and Policy
- L91 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Transportation: General
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
- N7 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services
- N9 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-03-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-NET-2007-03-17 (Network Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2007-03-17 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nex:wpaper:tooexpensivetometer. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Levinson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nexmnus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.