The Lessons of the Lighthouse: "Government" or "Private" Provision of Goods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Medieval Solutions to Global Warming
by wintercow20 in the unbroken window on 2008-10-21 15:04:35
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Candela, Rosolino A. & Geloso, Vincent, 2019. "Why consider the lighthouse a public good?," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
- Lowell Johnson, 1997. "The Lighthouse Reform Movement in Antebellum America," Departmental Working Papers 199703, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Vincent Bignon & Rui Esteves & Alfonso Herranz-Loncán, 2015.
"Big push or big grab? Railways, government activism, and export growth in Latin America, 1865–1913,"
Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 68(4), pages 1277-1305, November.
- Bignon, V. & Esteves, R. & Herranz-Loncán, A., 2013. "Big Push or Big Grab? Railways, Government Activism and Export Growth in Latin America, 1865-1913," Working papers 447, Banque de France.
- Vincent Bignon & Rui Esteves & Alfonso Herranz Loncan, 2015. "Big Push or Big Grab? Railways, Government Activism and Export Growth In Latin America, 1865-1913," Post-Print hal-01410632, HAL.
- Vincent Bignon & Rui Esteves & Alfonso Herranz-Loncán, 2013. "Big push or big grab? Railways, government activism and export growth in Latin America, 1865-1913," Working Papers 13021, Economic History Society.
- Laurent Carnis, 2013. "The provision of lighthouses services: a political economy perspective," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 157(1), pages 51-56, October.
- Peter G. Klein, 2010. "Transaction Cost Economics and the New Institutional Economics," Chapters, in: Peter G. Klein & Michael E. Sykuta (ed.), The Elgar Companion to Transaction Cost Economics, chapter 3, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- William Barnett & Walter Block, 2007. "Coase and Van Zandt on Lighthouses," Public Finance Review, , vol. 35(6), pages 710-733, November.
- Déprés, Christophe & Grolleau, Gilles & Mzoughi, Naoufel, 2005.
"Analyse exploratoire de quelques stratégies de fourniture ‘non publique’ des biens ‘publics’,"
Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 74.
- Christophe Déprés & Gilles Grolleau & Naoufel Mzoughi, 2005. "Analyse exploratoire de quelques stratégies de fourniture ‘non publique’ des biens ‘publics’," Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 74, pages 27-45.
- Christophe Depres & Gilles Grolleau & Naoufel Mzoughi, 2005. "Analyse exploratoire de quelques stratégies de fourniture ‘non publique’ des biens ‘publics’," Post-Print hal-01201091, HAL.
- Walter E. Block, 2011. "Rejoinder To Bertrand On Lighthouses," Romanian Economic Business Review, Romanian-American University, vol. 6(3), pages 49-67, September.
- Glenn Furton & Adam Martin, 2019. "Beyond market failure and government failure," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 178(1), pages 197-216, January.
- Rosolino A. Candela & Vincent J. Geloso, 2018. "The lightship in economics," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 176(3), pages 479-506, September.
- Christophe Depres & Gilles Grolleau & Naoufel Mzoughi, 2008.
"Contracting for Environmental Property Rights: The Case of Vittel,"
Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 75(299), pages 412-434, August.
- Depres, Christophe & Grolleau, Gilles & Mzoughi, Naoufel, 2005. "Contracting for Environmental Property Rights: The Case of Vittel," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24729, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rosolino A. Candela & Vincent Geloso, 2019. "Coase and transaction costs reconsidered: the case of the English lighthouse system," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 331-349, December.
- Thomas W. Merrill & Henry E. Smith, 2011. "Making Coasean Property More Coasean," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(S4), pages 77-104.
- David Levinson & Andrew Odlyzko, 2007. "Too Expensive to Meter: The influence of transaction costs in transportation and communication," Working Papers 200802, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group, revised Feb 2007.
- Geloso, Vincent J. & Salter, Alexander W., 2020. "State capacity and economic development: Causal mechanism or correlative filter?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 170(C), pages 372-385.
- Lazzarini,Sergio G., 2022. "The Right Privatization," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781316519714, December.
- Emilio Giardina & Isidoro Mazza & Giacomo Pignataro & Ilde Rizzo, 2016. "Voluntary Provision of Public Goods and Technology," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 22(3), pages 321-332, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlstud:v:22:y:1993:i:1:p:47-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLS .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Journals Division (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLS .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.