Turnpike trusts and the transportation revolution in 18th century England
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Antras, Pol & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2003.
"Factor prices and productivity growth during the British industrial revolution,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 52-77, January.
- Pol Antràs & Hans Joachim Voth, 2000. "Factor prices and productivity growth during the British Industrial Revolution," Economics Working Papers 495, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Antras, Pol & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2003. "Factor Prices and Productivity Growth During the British Industrial Revolution," Scholarly Articles 3199066, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Harley, C. Knick, 1988.
"Ocean Freight Rates and Productivity, 1740–1913: The Primacy of Mechanical Invention Reaffirmed,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(04), pages 851-876, December.
- Harley, C.K., 1988. "Ocean Freight Rates And Productivity, 1740-1913: The Primacy Of Mechanical Invention Reaffirmed," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8802, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- J. A. Chartres, 1977. "Road Carrying in England in the Seventeenth Century: Myth and Reality," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 30(1), pages 73-94, February.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Wu, Ping X., 1999. "Unequally Spaced Panel Data Regressions With Ar(1) Disturbances," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(06), pages 814-823, December.
- Kaukiainen, Yrj, 2001. "Shrinking the world: Improvements in the speed of information transmission, c. 1820 1870," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 1-28, April.
- Gerhold,Dorian, 1993. "Road Transport before the Railways," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521419505, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dan Bogart & Latika Chaudhary & Alfonso Herranz-Loncan, 2015. "The Growth Contribution of Colonial Indian Railways in Comparative Perspective," CEH Discussion Papers 033, Centre for Economic History, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Alex Trew, 2007. "Endogenous Financial Development and Industrial Takeoff," CDMA Working Paper Series 200702, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Colin Pooley, 2016. "Mobility, Transport and Social Inclusion: Lessons from History," Social Inclusion, Cogitatio Press, vol. 4(3), pages 100-109.
- Ploeckl, Florian, 2012. "Endowments and market access; the size of towns in historical perspective: Saxony, 1550–1834," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 607-618.
- Joel Mokyr & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2012.
"Understanding Growth in Europe, 1700–1870: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Economic Sociology,
National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 13(5), pages 57-102.
- Joel Mokyr & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2006. "Understanding Growth in Europe, 1700-1870: Theory and Evidence," DEGIT Conference Papers c011_002, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Philipp Heimberger & Mario Holzner & Stefan Jestl & David Kiefer & Leon Podkaminer & Codrina Rada, 2017. "Monthly Report No. 2/2017," wiiw Monthly Reports 2017-02, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Brunt, Liam & Cannon, Edmund, 2013. "Integration in the English wheat market 1770-1820," CEPR Discussion Papers 9504, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Levinson & Andrew Odlyzko, 2007. "Too Expensive to Meter: The influence of transaction costs in transportation and communication," Working Papers 200802, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group, revised Feb 2007.
- Dan Bogart & Gary Richardson, 2011.
"Property Rights and Parliament in Industrializing Britain,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(2), pages 241-274.
- Daniel Bogart & Gary Richardson, 2010. "Property Rights and Parliament in Industrializing Britain," NBER Working Papers 15697, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gregory Clark, 2007. "A Review of Avner Greif's Institutions and the Path to the Modern Economy: Lessons from Medieval Trade," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(3), pages 725-741, September.
- Leunig, Timothy, 2006.
"Time is Money: A Re-Assessment of the Passenger Social Savings from Victorian British Railways,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 66(03), pages 635-673, September.
- Leunig, Tim, 2005. "Time is money: a re-assessment of the passenger social savings from Victorian British railways," Economic History Working Papers 22551, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Dan Bogart, 2008. "Competition and Commitment: the Supply and Enforcement of Rights to Improve Roads and Rivers in England, 1600-1750," Working Papers 070817, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Eduard Alvarez & Mario Holzner & Stefan Jestl & Jordi Marti-Henneberg, 2016. "Introducing Railway Time in the Balkans: Economic eﬀects of railway construction in Southeast Europe and beyond since the early 19th century until present days," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 121, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Bogart, Dan, 2007. "Neighbors, networks, and the development of transport systems: Explaining the diffusion of turnpike trusts in eighteenth-century England," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 238-262, March.
- Broadberry, Stephen; Van Leeuwen, Bas, 2010. "British Economic Growth and the Business Cycle, 1700-1870: Annual Estimates," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 20, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Stephen Broadberry & Bruce Campbell & Alexander Klein & Mark Overton & Bas van Leeuwen, 2012. "British Economic Growth, 1270-1870: an output-based approach," Studies in Economics 1203, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Dan Bogart, 2013. "The Transportation Revolution in Industrializing Britain: A Survey," Working Papers 121306, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:exehis:v:42:y:2005:i:4:p:479-508. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622830 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.