The Cross Border Mergers and Acquisitions Wave of the Late 1990s
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Simon Evenett, 2004. "The Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions Wave of the Late 1990s," NBER Chapters,in: Challenges to Globalization: Analyzing the Economics, pages 411-470 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Evenett, Simon J., 2003.
"Do all networks facilitate international commerce? US law firms and the international market for corporate control,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 520-537, December.
- Simon J. Evenett, 2003. "Do all networks facilitate international commerce? US law firms and the international market for corporate control," NBER Working Papers 9663, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zadia M Feliciano & Robert E Lipsey, 2017.
"Foreign Entry into US Manufacturing by Takeovers and the Creation of New Firms,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 43(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Robert E. Lipsey & Zadia Feliciano, 2002. "Foreign Entry into U.S. Manufacturing by Takeovers and the Creation of New Firms," NBER Working Papers 9122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Damien J. NEVEN & Lars-Hendrik RÖLLER, 2000.
"The Scope of Conflict in International Merger Control,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP)
00.25, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Neven, Damien J & Röller, Lars-Hendrik, 2000. "The Scope of Conflict in International Merger Control," CEPR Discussion Papers 2621, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nam-Hoon Kang & Sara Johansson, 2000. "Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions: Their Role in Industrial Globalisation," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2000/1, OECD Publishing.
- V N Balasubramanyam & C F Elliott, 2002. "Competition policy and the WTO," Working Papers 539974, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- repec:lan:wpaper:1127 is not listed on IDEAS
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung & Hesna Genay & Gregory F. Udell, 1999.
"Globalization of financial institutions: evidence from cross-border banking performance,"
Working Paper Series
WP-99-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung & Hesna Genay & Gregory F. Udell, 2000. "Globalization of financial institutions: evidence from cross-border banking performance," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-04, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- repec:lan:wpaper:1192 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xavier Vives, 2001. "Competition in the Changing World of Banking," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 535-547.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:35:y:2001:i:4:p:825-840 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carletti, Elena & Hartmann, Philipp & Ongena, Steven, 2015.
"The economic impact of merger control legislation,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 88-104.
- Carletti, Elena & Hartmann, Philipp & Onega, Steven, 2007. "The economic impact of merger control legislation," CFS Working Paper Series 2008/04, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Carletti, Elena & Hartmann, Philipp & Ongena, Steven, 2011. "The Economic Impact of Merger Control Legislation," CEPR Discussion Papers 8447, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carletti, E. & Hartmann, P. & Ongena, S., 2008. "The Economic Impact of Merger Control Legislation," Discussion Paper 2008-006, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- CARLETTI, Elena; HARTMANN, Philipp; ONGENA, Steven, 2012. "The Economic Impact of Merger Control Legislation," Economics Working Papers ECO2012/12, European University Institute.
- Jung Hur & Rasyad A. Parinduri & Yohanes E. Riyanto, 2011.
"Cross‐Border M&A Inflows And Quality Of Country Governance: Developing Versus Developed Countries,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(5), pages 638-655, December.
- Jung Hur & Rasyad A. Parinduri & Yohanes E. Riyanto, 2007. "Cross-Border M&A Inflows and the Quality of Institutions: A Cross-Country Panel Data Analysis," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0708, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Jung Hur & Rasyad A. Parinduri & Yohanes E. Riyanto, 2007. "Cross-Border M&A Inflows and the Quality of Institutions : A Cross-Country Panel Data Analysis," Microeconomics Working Papers 21920, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:30:y:2013:i:1:p:19-35 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph A. Clougherty & Klaus Gugler & Lars Sørgard, 2012.
" Cross-Border Mergers and Domestic Wages: Integrating Positive 'Spillover' Effects and Negative 'Bargaining' Effects,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
wuwp136, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Clougherty, Joseph A. & Gugler, Klaus & Sørgard, Lars, 2012. "Cross-Border Mergers and Domestic Wages: Integrating Positive 'Spillover' Effects and Negative 'Bargaining' Effects," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 3512, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Paula Cristina da Silva Ferreira Neto Rodrigues & António Abílio Garrido Brandão & António de Melo Cerqueira, 2008.
"The Macroeconomic Determinants of Cross Border Mergers and Acquisitions and Greenfield Investments,"
FEP Working Papers
281, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Paula Neto & António Brandão & António Cerqueira, 2009. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of Cross Border Mergers and Acquisitions and Greenfield Investments," GEE Papers 0017, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised Aug 2009.
- Rabin Hattari & Ramkishen S. Rajan, 2009. "Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As) in Developing Asia: The Role of Financial Variables," Working Papers 362009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Bertrand, Olivier & Ivaldi, Marc, 2006. "European Competition Policy in International Markets," IDEI Working Papers 419, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Lee, Bong-Soo & Min, Byung S., 2011. "Exchange rates and FDI strategies of multinational enterprises," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 586-603, November.
- A. N. Bany-Ariffin & Mohamad Hisham & Carl B. McGowan, 2016. "Macroeconomic factors and firm’s cross-border merger and acquisitions," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 40(2), pages 277-298, April.
- Chak Hung J. Cheng & Michael K. Salemi, 2009. "Feast and Famine: Explaining Big Swings in the Hong Kong Economy between 1981 and 2007," Working Papers 372009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Anu Kovarikova Arro, 2005. "Globalization, Increasing Returns in Component Production, and the Pattern of Trade," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp265, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Charles van Marrewijk & Gus Garita, 2008. "Countries of a Feather flock together," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-067/2, Tinbergen Institute, revised 19 Sep 2008.
- Boateng, Agyenim & Hua, Xiuping & Uddin, Moshfique & Du, Min, 2014. "Home country macroeconomic factors on outward cross-border mergers and acquisitions: Evidence from the UK," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 202-216.
- Rivera, Eugenio, 2008. "Models of privatization and development of competition in telecommunications in Central America and Mexico," Copublicaciones, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 1973, November.
More about this item
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- L4 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2004-08-31 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2003-04-27 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HIS-2004-07-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:9655. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.