Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As) in Developing Asia: The Role of Financial Variables
This paper examines cross-border M&A activities in a large panel which includes many developing Asian economies. How important are financial drivers of M&As in the region, particularly financial risks such as market risk, credit risk, and liquidity risk? How significant are intra-(developing) Asian M&As and are there differences between intra-regional M&A transactions and M&A purchases by extra-regional sources in developing Asia? These are among the issues explored in this paper using a novel dataset of bilateral M&A purchases in developing Asia over the period 2000-2007.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 55th Floor , Two International Finance Centre , 8 Finance Street , Central, Hong Kong|
Phone: (852)2878 1978
Fax: (852)2878 7006
Web page: http://www.hkimr.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rabin Hattari & Ramkishen S. Rajan, 2008. "Trends and Drivers of Bilateral FDI Flows in Developing Asia," Working Papers 112008, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- di Giovanni, Julian, 2005.
"What drives capital flows? The case of cross-border M&A activity and financial deepening,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 127-149, January.
- Julian di Giovanni & Contact: email@example.com, 2003. "What Drives Capital Flows? The Case of Cross-Border M&A Activity and Financial Deepening," International Trade 0303002, EconWPA.
- di Giovanni, Julian, 2002. "What Drives Capital Flows? The Case of Cross-Border M&A Activity and Financial Deepening," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt7nq6d7wp, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Gugler, Klaus & Mueller, Dennis C. & Weichselbaumer, Michael, 2012.
"The determinants of merger waves: An international perspective,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-15.
- Gugler, Klaus & Mueller, Dennis C. & Weichselbaumer, Michael, 2008. "The Determinants of Merger Waves: An International Perspective," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-076, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Loungani, Prakash & Mody, Ashoka & Razin, Assaf, 2002. "The Global Disconnect: The Role of Transactional Distance and Scale Economies in Gravity Equations," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 49(5), pages 526-43, December.
- Simon J. Evenett, 2003.
"The Cross Border Mergers and Acquisitions Wave of the Late 1990s,"
NBER Working Papers
9655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon Evenett, 2004. "The Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions Wave of the Late 1990s," NBER Chapters, in: Challenges to Globalization: Analyzing the Economics, pages 411-470 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rabin Hattari & Ramkishen S. Rajan, 2012. "Sources Of Foreign Direct Investment Flows To Developing Asia: The Importance Of Time Zone," China Economic Policy Review (CEPR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(02), pages 1250013-1-1.
- Olaf Unteroberdoerster & Cynthia Leung, 2008. "Hong Kong SAR as a Financial Center for Asia; Trends and Implications," IMF Working Papers 08/57, International Monetary Fund.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John, 2008. "FDI as an outcome of the market for corporate control: Theory and evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 2-20, January.
- David T Coe & Arvind Subramanian & Natalia T Tamirisa, 2007. "The Missing Globalization Puzzle: Evidence of the Declining Importance of Distance," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 54(1), pages 34-58, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hkm:wpaper:362009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HKIMR)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.