A Cross-Cohort Analysis of Human Capital Specialization and the College Gender Wage Gap
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Carolyn Sloane & Erik Hurst & Dan Black, 2019. "A Cross-Cohort Analysis of Human Capital Specialization and the College Gender Wage Gap," Working Papers 2019-055, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
References listed on IDEAS
- Blau, Francine D & Kahn, Lawrence M, 1997. "Swimming Upstream: Trends in the Gender Wage Differential in 1980s," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 1-42, January.
- Chinhui Juhn & Sandra E. Black, 2000. "The Rise of Female Professionals: Are Women Responding to Skill Demand?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 450-455, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arpita Patnaik & Matthew J. Wiswall & Basit Zafar, 2020. "College Majors," NBER Working Papers 27645, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goulas, Sofoklis & Griselda, Silvia & Megalokonomou, Rigissa, 2020. "Comparative Advantage and Gender Gap in STEM," IZA Discussion Papers 13313, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Martha J. Bailey & Brad Hershbein & Amalia R. Miller, 2012.
"The Opt-In Revolution? Contraception and the Gender Gap in Wages,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 225-254, July.
- Martha J. Bailey & Brad Hershbein & Amalia R. Miller, 2012. "The Opt-In Revolution? Contraception and the Gender Gap in Wages," NBER Working Papers 17922, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borghans, Lex & ter Weel, Bas & Weinberg, Bruce A., 2005.
"People People: Social Capital and the Labor-Market Outcomes of Underrepresented Groups,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1494, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Borghans, Lex & Weel, Bas ter & Weinberg, Bruce A., 2005. "People People: Social Capital and the Labor-Market - Outcomes of Underrepresented Groups," Research Memorandum 002, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Lex Borghans & Bas ter Weel & Bruce A. Weinberg, 2006. "People People: Social Capital and the Labor-Market Outcomes of Underrepresented Groups," NBER Working Papers 11985, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sandra E. Black, 2005. "Female Progress and Discrimination. An Economic Perspective," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 56(2), pages 245-256.
- Borghans, L. & ter Weel, B.J. & Weinberg, B., 2005. "People people: social capital and the labor-market outcomes of underrepresented groups," ROA Research Memorandum 3E, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Nayoung Rim, 2021. "The Effect of Title IX on Gender Disparity in Graduate Education," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 40(2), pages 521-552, March.
- Chinhui Juhn & Kristin McCue, 2017. "Specialization Then and Now: Marriage, Children, and the Gender Earnings Gap across Cohorts," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 31(1), pages 183-204, Winter.
- Michael Bar & Seik Kim & Oksana Leukhina, 2015. "Gender Wage Gap Accounting: The Role of Selection Bias," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(5), pages 1729-1750, October.
- Maria J. Prados & Stefania Albanesi, 2011. "Inequality and Household Labor Supply," 2011 Meeting Papers 657, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Katie Meara & Francesco Pastore & Allan Webster, 2020. "The gender pay gap in the USA: a matching study," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 33(1), pages 271-305, January.
- Mohammad Ashraf, 2009. "Characteristics of female managers in the US labour market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(17), pages 1683-1686.
- Tugce, Cuhadaroglu, 2013. "My Group Beats Your Group: Evaluating Non-Income Inequalities," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-49, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Bourguignon, Francois, 2005. "The Effect of Economic Growth on Social Structures," Handbook of Economic Growth, in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 27, pages 1701-1747, Elsevier.
- Sumit Agarwal & Richard K. Green & Eric Rosenblatt & Vincent Yao & Jian Zhang, 2015. "Who Bears the Pen? Relative Income and Gender Gap in Mortgage Signing Order," Working Paper 9475, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Do, Quy-Toan & Levchenko, Andrei A. & Raddatz, Claudio, 2016.
"Comparative advantage, international trade, and fertility,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 48-66.
- Quy-Toan Do & Andrei A. Levchenko & Claudio Raddatz, 2012. "Comparative Advantage, International Trade, and Fertility," Working Papers 624, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Quy-Toan Do & Andrei A. Levchenko & Claudio Raddatz, 2015. "Comparative Advantage, International Trade, and Fertility," NBER Working Papers 21677, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Do, Quy-Toan & Levchenko, Andrei & Raddatz, Claudio, 2014. "Comparative advantage, international trade, and fertility," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6930, The World Bank.
- Do, Quy-Toan & Levchenko, Andrei A. & Raddatz, Claudio, 2015. "Comparative Advantage, International Trade, and Fertility," CEPR Discussion Papers 10903, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michelle Petersen Rendall, 2010.
"Brain versus brawn: the realization of women's comparative advantage,"
IEW - Working Papers
491, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich, revised Jun 2017.
- Michelle Rendall, 2010. "Brain versus Brawn: The Realization of Women's Comparative Advantage," 2010 Meeting Papers 926, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Frank Walsh & Eric Strobl, 1999.
"Changes in the gender wage gap and the returns to firm specific human capital,"
199907, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Walsh, F. & Strobl, E., 1999. "Changes in the Gender Wage Gap and the Returns to Firm Specific Human Capital," Papers 99/7, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Ben Sand & Chris Bidner, 2016. "Job Prospects and Pay Gaps: Theory and Evidence on the Gender Gap from U.S. Cities," Discussion Papers dp16-14, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Avner Ahituv & Marta Tienda, 2004. "Employment, Motherhood, and School Continuation Decisions of Young White, Black, and Hispanic Women," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 115-158, January.
- Conti, Pier Luigi & Marella, Daniela & Scanu, Mauro, 2008. "Evaluation of matching noise for imputation techniques based on nonparametric local linear regression estimators," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 354-365, December.
- Chi, Wei & Li, Bo, 2014.
"Trends in China’s gender employment and pay gap: Estimating gender pay gaps with employment selection,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 708-725.
- Chi, Wei & Li, Bo, 2012. "Trends in China’s gender employment and pay gap: estimating gender pay gaps with employment selection," MPRA Paper 42132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GEN-2019-10-14 (Gender)
- NEP-HIS-2019-10-14 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LMA-2019-10-14 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:26348. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.