The Urban Crime and Heat Gradient in High and Low Poverty Areas
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Peng & Deschenes, Olivier & Meng, Kyle & Zhang, Junjie, 2018.
"Temperature effects on productivity and factor reallocation: Evidence from a half million chinese manufacturing plants,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 1-17.
- Peng Zhang & Olivier Deschenes & Kyle C. Meng & Dr. Junjie Zhang, 2017. "Temperature Effects on Productivity and Factor Reallocation: Evidence from a Half Million Chinese Manufacturing Plants," Working Papers id:12261, eSocialSciences.
- Zhang, Peng & Deschenes, Olivier & Meng, Kyle C. & Zhang, Junjie, 2017. "Temperature Effects on Productivity and Factor Reallocation: Evidence from a Half Million Chinese Manufacturing Plants," IZA Discussion Papers 11132, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Peng Zhang & Olivier Deschenes & Kyle C. Meng & Junjie Zhang, 2017. "Temperature Effects on Productivity and Factor Reallocation: Evidence from a Half Million Chinese Manufacturing Plants," NBER Working Papers 23991, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Denise DiPasquale & Matthew E. Kahn, 1999.
"Measuring Neighborhood Investments: An Examination of Community Choice,"
Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 389-424, September.
- Denise DiPasquale & Matthew E. Kahn, 1998. "Measuring in Neighborhood Investments: An Examination of Community Choice," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1834, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Nevin, Rick, 2007. "Understanding international crime trends: The legacy of preschool lead exposure," MPRA Paper 35338, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tatyana Deryugina & Solomon M. Hsiang, 2014. "Does the Environment Still Matter? Daily Temperature and Income in the United States," NBER Working Papers 20750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ingvild Almås & Maximilian Auffhammer & Tessa Bold & Ian Bolliger & Aluma Dembo & Solomon M. Hsiang & Shuhei Kitamura & Edward Miguel & Robert Pickmans, 2019. "Destructive Behavior, Judgment, and Economic Decision-making under Thermal Stress," NBER Working Papers 25785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Laibson, 2001. "A Cue-Theory of Consumption," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(1), pages 81-119.
- Levitt, Steven D, 1997.
"Using Electoral Cycles in Police Hiring to Estimate the Effect of Police on Crime,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 270-290, June.
- Steven D. Levitt, 1995. "Using Electoral Cycles in Police Hiring to Estimate the Effect of Policeon Crime," NBER Working Papers 4991, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- JHU's 21st Century Cities Initiative
by Matthew E. Kahn in Environmental and Urban Economics on 2019-07-26 13:55:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexander Henke & Lin-chi Hsu, 2020. "The gender wage gap, weather, and intimate partner violence," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 413-429, June.
- Garg, Teevrat & McCord, Gordon C. & Montfort, Aleister, 2020. "Can Social Protection Reduce Environmental Damages?," IZA Discussion Papers 13247, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Nadezdha Baryshnikova & Shannon. F. Davidson & Dennis Wesselbaum, 2019. "Do you Feel the Heat Around the Corner? The Effect of Weather on Crime," School of Economics Working Papers 2019-07, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Gunadi, Christian, 2019. "The legacy of slavery on hate crime in the United States," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(4), pages 339-344.
More about this item
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENV-2019-07-08 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2019-07-08 (Resource Economics)
- NEP-URE-2019-07-08 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:25961. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.