Lessons Unlearned? Corporate Debt in Emerging Markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Alfaro, Laura & Asis, Gonzalo & Chari, Anusha & Panizza, Ugo, 2017. "Lessons Unlearned? Corporate Debt in Emerging Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 12038, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marco Terrones & Enrique G. Mendoza, 2008.
"An Anatomy of Credit Booms; Evidence From Macro Aggregates and Micro Data,"
IMF Working Papers
08/226, International Monetary Fund.
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Marco E. Terrones, 2008. "An anatomy of credit booms: evidence from macro aggregates and micro data," International Finance Discussion Papers 936, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Marco E. Terrones, 2008. "An Anatomy Of Credit Booms: Evidence From Macro Aggregates And Micro Data," NBER Working Papers 14049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Kevin Cowan, 2008.
"Corporate Dollar Debt and Depreciations: Much Ado About Nothing?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 612-626, November.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Kevin Cowan, 2002. "Corporate dollar debt and depreciations: much ado about nothing?," Working Papers 02-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Kevin Cowan, 2005. "Corporate Dollar Debt and Depreciations: Much Ado about Nothing?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1555, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Kevin Cowan, 2005. "Corporate Dollar Debt and Depreciations: Much Ado About Nothing?," Research Department Publications 4411, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Matti Keloharju & Mervi Niskanen, 2001. "Why Do Firms Raise Foreign Currency Denominated Debt? Evidence from Finland," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 7(4), pages 481-496.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973, June.
- Anusha Chari & Peter Blair Henry, 2015.
"Two Tales of Adjustment: East Asian Lessons for European Growth,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 63(1), pages 164-196, May.
- Anusha Chari & Peter Blair Henry, 2014. "Two Tales of Adjustment: East Asian Lessons for European Growth," NBER Working Papers 19840, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anusha Chari & Peter Blair Henry, 2014. "Two Tales of Adjustment: East Asian Lessons for European Growth," Working Papers 14-04, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Caballero, Julian & Panizza, Ugo & Powell, Andrew, 2015.
"The second wave of global liquidity: Why are firms acting like financial intermediaries?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10926, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Julian Caballero & Ugo Panizza & Andrew Powell, 2015. "The second wave of global liquidity: Why are firms acting like financial intermediaries?," IHEID Working Papers 21-2015, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Julián Caballero & Ugo Panizza & Andrew Powell, 2016. "The Second Wave of Global Liquidity: Why Are Firms Acting Like Financial Intermediaries?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 7638, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Pesenti, Paolo & Roubini, Nouriel, 1999.
"What caused the Asian currency and financial crisis?,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 305-373, October.
- Corsetti, G. & Pesenti, P. & Roubini, N., 1998. "What Caused the Asian Currency and Financial Crisis?," Papers 343, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Paolo Pesenti & Nouriel Roubini, 1998. "What Caused the Asian Currency and Financial Crisis?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 343, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Xavier Gabaix, 2011. "The Granular Origins of Aggregate Fluctuations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 79(3), pages 733-772, May.
- Allayannis, George & Weston, James P, 2001. "The Use of Foreign Currency Derivatives and Firm Market Value," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 243-276.
- Galindo, Arturo & Panizza, Ugo & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 2003. "Debt composition and balance sheet effects of currency depreciation: a summary of the micro evidence," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 330-339, December.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Altman, Edward I., 2005. "An emerging market credit scoring system for corporate bonds," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 311-323, December.
- Robert Neil McCauley & Patrick McGuire & Vladyslav Sushko, 2015. "Dollar credit to emerging market economies," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- repec:oup:rfinst:v:30:y:2017:i:3:p:703-749. is not listed on IDEAS
- Valentina Bruno & Hyun Song Shin, 2017.
"Global Dollar Credit and Carry Trades: A Firm-Level Analysis,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 30(3), pages 703-749.
- Valentina Bruno & Hyun Song Shin, 2015. "Global dollar credit and carry trades: a firm-level analysis," BIS Working Papers 510, Bank for International Settlements.
- Laura Alfaro & Anusha Chari & Fabio Kanczuk, 2014. "The Real Effects of Capital Controls: Firm-Level Evidence from a Policy Experiment," NBER Working Papers 20726, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Sergio Kurlat & Franziska Ohnsorge & Naotaka Sugawara, 2017.
"A Cross-Country Database of Fiscal Space,"
Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers
1713, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Kose,Ayhan & Kurlat,Sergio Andres & Ohnsorge,Franziska Lieselotte & Sugawara,Naotaka, 2017. "A cross-country database of fiscal space," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8157, The World Bank.
- Kose, Ayhan & Kurlat, Sergio & Ohnsorge, Franziska & Sugawara, Naotaka, 2017. "A Cross-Country Database of Fiscal Space," CEPR Discussion Papers 12196, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Sergio Kurlat & Franziska Ohnsorge & Naotaka Sugawara, 2017. "A cross-country database of fiscal space," CAMA Working Papers 2017-48, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
More about this item
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:23407. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.