Assessing Macroprudential Policies: Case of Korea
This paper develops methods for assessing the sensitivity of capital flows to global financial conditions, and applies the methods in assessing the impact of macroprudential policies introduced by Korea in 2010. Relative to a comparison group of countries, we find that the sensitivity of capital flows into Korea to global conditions decreased in the period following the introduction of macroprudential policies.
|Date of creation:||May 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas & Maurice Obstfeld, 2012.
"Stories of the Twentieth Century for the Twenty-First,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 226-65, January.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas & Maurice Obstfeld, 2011. "Stories of the Twentieth Century for the Twenty-First," NBER Working Papers 17252, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gourinchas, Pierre-Olivier & Obstfeld, Maurice, 2011. "Stories of the Twentieth Century for the Twenty-First," CEPR Discussion Papers 8518, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joon‐Ho Hahm & Hyun Song Shin & Kwanho Shin, 2013.
"Noncore Bank Liabilities and Financial Vulnerability,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45, pages 3-36, 08.
- Joon-Ho Hahm & Hyun Song Shin & Kwanho Shin, 2012. "Non-Core Bank Liabilities and Financial Vulnerability," NBER Working Papers 18428, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philip R. Lane & Barbara Pels, 2012.
"Current Account Imbalances in Europe,"
The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2008.
"Liquidity and leverage,"
328, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:19084. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.