Nutrition Labels and Obesity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Teisl, Mario F. & Levy, Alan S., 1997. "Does Nutrition Labeling Lead To Healthier Eating?," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 28(3), October.
- Kim, Sung-Yong & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr. & Capps, Oral, Jr., 2000. "The Effect Of Food Label Use On Nutrient Intakes: An Endogenous Switching Regression Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(01), July.
- Marianne P. Bitler & Jonah B. Gelbach & Hilary W. Hoynes, 2005. "Welfare Reform and Health," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(2).
- John Cawley, 2004. "The Impact of Obesity on Wages," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(2).
- Finkelstein, Amy, 2002. "The effect of tax subsidies to employer-provided supplementary health insurance: evidence from Canada," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 305-339, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:oup:revage:v:31:y:2009:i:1:p:2-20. is not listed on IDEAS
- Jutta Roosen & Stéphan Marette & Sandrine Blanchemanche & Philippe Verger, 2009.
"Does Health Information Matter for Modifying Consumption? A Field Experiment Measuring the Impact of Risk Information on Fish Consumption,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 31(1), pages 2-20.
- Jutta Roosen & Stéphan Marette & Sandrine Blanchemanche & Philippe Verger, 2009. "Does Health Information Matter for Modifying Consumption? A Field Experiment Measuring the Impact of Risk Information on Fish Consumption," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 31(1), pages 2-20.
- Jutta Roosen & StÃ©phan Marette & Sandrine Blanchemanche & Philippe Verger, 2007. "Does Health Information Matter for Modifying Consumption? A Field Experiment Measuring the Impact of Risk Information on Fish Consumption," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 06-wp434, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Stefanella Stranieri & Lucia Baldi & Alessandro Banterle, 2010.
"Do Nutrition Claims Matter to Consumers? An Empirical Analysis Considering European Requirements,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 15-33.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Baldi, Lucia & Stranieri, Stefanella, 2008. "Do Nutritional Claims Matter To Consumers? An Empirical Analysis Considering European Requirements," Miscellaneous Papers 37839, Agecon Search.
- Silvia Prina & Heather Royer, 2013. "The Importance of Parental Knowledge and Social Norms: Evidence from Weight Report Cards in Mexico," NBER Working Papers 19344, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Itzik Fadlon & Torben Heien Nielsen, 2017. "Family Health Behaviors," NBER Working Papers 24042, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alois Stutzer & Armando N. Meier, 2016.
"Limited Self‐control, Obesity, and the Loss of Happiness,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(11), pages 1409-1424, November.
- Stutzer, Alois, 2007. "Limited Self-Control, Obesity and the Loss of Happiness," IZA Discussion Papers 2925, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alois Stutzer & Armando N. Meier, 2015. "Limited Self-Control, Obesity and the Loss of Happiness," CREMA Working Paper Series 2015-14, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Stutzer, Alois, 2007. "Limited Self-Control, Obesity and the Loss of Happiness," Working papers 2007/07, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Pedro Gomis-Porqueras & Fidel Gonzalez, 2009. "The Role Of Uncertainty On U.S. Obesity: An Application Of Control Theory," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2009-506, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Kennedy Peter W, 2010. "Economic Incentives for a Healthy Diet: A Comparison of Policies in a Canadian Context," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-32, September.
- Cavaliere, Alessia & Banterle, Alessandro, 2008. "Economic factors affecting obesity: an application in Italy," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44324, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Defago, Daniel & Geng, José F. & Molina, Oswaldo & Santa María, Diego, 2017. "Digestible information: The impact of Multiple Traffic Light nutritional labeling in a developing country," MPRA Paper 79678, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kiesel, Kristin & Villas-Boas, Sofia B., 2013.
"Can information costs affect consumer choice? Nutritional labels in a supermarket experiment,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 153-163.
- Kiesel, Kristin & Villas-Boas, Sofia Berto, 2010. "Can Information Costs Affect Consumer Choice?—Nutritional Labels in a Supermarket Experiment—," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116433, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Cavaliere, Alessia, 2009. "The social and economic determinants of obesity: an empirical study in Italy," 113th Seminar, September 3-6, 2009, Chania, Crete, Greece 90889, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kiesel, Kristin & Villas-Boas, Sofia B., 2009. "Can Information Costs Confuse Consumer Choice?---Nutritional Labels in a Supermarket Experiment," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6st6d0rr, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Julie S. Downs & George Loewenstein & Jessica Wisdom, 2009. "Strategies for Promoting Healthier Food Choices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 159-164, May.
- Cavaliere, Alessia & De Marchi, Elisa & Banterle, Alessandro, 2013.
"Time Preference and Health: The Problem of Obesity,"
2013 International European Forum, February 18-22, 2013, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria
164754, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Alessia CAVALIERE & Elisa DE MARCHI & Alessandro BANTERLE, 2013. "Time preference and health: the problem of obesity," Departmental Working Papers 2013-13, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Michele Cecchini & Franco Sassi, 2015. "Preventing Obesity in the USA: Impact on Health Service Utilization and Costs," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 33(7), pages 765-776, July.
- Just, David R. & Mancino, Lisa & Wansink, Brian, 2007. "Could Behavioral Economics Help Improve Diet Quality for Nutrition Assistance Program Participants?," Economic Research Report 6391, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Ehmke, Mariah D. & Willson, Tina M. & Schroeter, Christiane & Hart, Ann Marie & Coupal, Roger H., 2009. "Obesity Economics for the Western United States," Western Economics Forum, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 8(02).
More about this item
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2006-01-24 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2006-01-24 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:11956. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .