Simulation Based Inference in Moving Average Models
We examine several autoregressive-based estimators for the parameters of a moving average process, including the estimators initially proposed by Galbraith and Zinde-Walsh  and Gouriéroux, Monfort and Renault . We also propose over-identified asymptotic-least-squares based variants of the former, and extensions of the latter based on Gallant and Tauchen's  simulated method of moments. The relative performance of these estimators is assessed, with emphasis on the near-uninvertibility region. We find that, although no formal local-to-one arguments are taken into consideration, the Wald-type indirect inference method performs best at the boundary, with practically just one calibration.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1995|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C.P. 6128, Succ. centre-ville, Montréal (PQ) H3C 3J7|
Phone: (514) 343-6557
Fax: (514) 343-7221
Web page: http://www.cireq.umontreal.ca
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gallant, A. Ronald & Tauchen, George, 1996.
"Which Moments to Match?,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 657-681, October.
- Mentz, Raul Pedro, 1977. "Estimation in the first-order moving average model through the finite autoregressive approximation : Some asymptotic results," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 225-236, September.
- Gourieroux, C & Monfort, A & Renault, E, 1993.
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(S), pages 85-118, Suppl. De.
- Ansley, Craig F. & Newbold, Paul, 1980. "Finite sample properties of estimators for autoregressive moving average models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 159-183, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtl:montec:9513. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon BREWER)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.