Estimating Stationary ARMA Models Efficiently
This paper discusses the asymptotic and finite-sample properties of the Efficient Method of Moments (EMM) when applied to estimating stationary ARMA models. Issues such of identification, model selection, and testing are also discussed. The properties of these estimators are compared to those of Maximum Likelihood (ML) by means of Monte Carlo experiments for bot invertible and non-invertible ARMA models.
|Date of creation:||01 Mar 1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: CEF99, Boston College, Department of Economics, Chestnut Hill MA 02467 USA|
Web page: http://fmwww.bc.edu/CEF99/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gallant, A. Ronald & Tauchen, George, 1996.
"Which Moments to Match?,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 657-681, October.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-54, July.
- Michaelides, Alexander & Ng, Serena, 2000.
"Estimating the rational expectations model of speculative storage: A Monte Carlo comparison of three simulation estimators,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 231-266, June.
- Alexander Michaelides & Serena Ng, 1997. "Estimating the Rational Expectations Model of Speculative Storage: A Monte Carlo Comparison of Three Simulation Estimators," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 373, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Alexander Michaelides & Serena Ng, 2000. "Estimating the rational expectations model of speculative storage : a Monte Carlo comparison of three simulation estimators," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 198, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gourieroux, C & Monfort, A & Renault, E, 1993.
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(S), pages S85-118, Suppl. De.
- Romulo Chumacero, .
"Finite Sample Properties of the Efficient Method of Moments,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 1997
5, Society for Computational Economics.
- Chumacero Rómulo A., 1997. "Finite Sample Properties of the Efficient Method of Moments," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-19, July.
- Eric Ghysels & Lynda Khalaf & Cosme Vodounou, 1994.
"Simulation Based Inference in Moving Average Models,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Ghysels, E. & Khalaf, L. & Vodounou, C., 1995. "Simulation Based Inference in Moving Average Models," Cahiers de recherche 9513, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Ghysels, E. & Khalaf, L. & Vodounou, C., 1995. "Simulation Based Inference in Moving Average Models," Cahiers de recherche 9513, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:12:y:1996:i:4:p:657-81 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sce:scecf9:1333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.