The Right Price of Food: Reflections on the Political Economy of Policy Analysis and Communication
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Djankov, Simeon & et al, 2003.
"Who Owns the Media?,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 341-381, October.
- Simeon Djankov & Caralee McLiesh & Tatiana Nenova & Andrei Shleifer, "undated". "Who Owns the Media?," Working Paper 19470, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Simeon Djankov & Caralee McLiesh & Tatiana Nenova & Andrei Shleifer, 2001. "Who Owns the Media?," NBER Working Papers 8288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Djankov, Simeon & Caralee, McLiesh & Nenova, Tatiana & Shleifer, Andrei, 2003. "Who Owns the Media?," Scholarly Articles 3606236, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Djankov, Simeon & McLeish, Caralee & Nenova, Tatiana & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "Who owns the media?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2620, The World Bank.
- Simeon Djankov & Caralee McLiesh & Tatiana Nenova & Andrei Shleifer, 2001. "Who Owns the Media?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1919, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Roland Vaubel & Axel Dreher & Uğurlu Soylu, 2007.
"Staff growth in international organizations: A principal-agent problem? An empirical analysis,"
Springer, vol. 133(3), pages 275-295, December.
- Roland Vaubel & Axel Dreher & Ugurlu Soylu, 2003. "Staff Growth in International Organizations: A Principal-Agent Problem? An Empirical Analysis," Public Economics 0306006, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Sep 2003.
- Jill J. McCluskey & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2004. "Political Economy of the Media and Consumer Perceptions of Biotechnology," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1230-1237.
- Miet Maertens & Liesbeth Colen & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2011.
"Globalisation and poverty in Senegal: a worst case scenario?,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 38(1), pages 31-54, March.
- Miet Maertens & Liesbeth Colen & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2008. "Globalization and Poverty in Senegal: A Worst Case Scenario?," LICOS Discussion Papers 21708, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Maertens, Miet & Colen, Liesbeth & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2009. "Globalization and Poverty in Senegal: A Worst Case Scenario?," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51668, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Thomas Eisensee & David Strömberg, 2007. "News Droughts, News Floods, and U. S. Disaster Relief," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(2), pages 693-728.
- Eric Werker & Faisal Z. Ahmed, 2008. "What Do Nongovernmental Organizations Do?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 73-92, Spring.
- Dries, Liesbeth & Swinnen, Johan F. M., 2004. "Foreign Direct Investment, Vertical Integration, and Local Suppliers: Evidence from the Polish Dairy Sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1525-1544, September.
- Gardner, Bruce L, 1987. "Causes of U.S. Farm Commodity Programs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(2), pages 290-310, April.
- Aldashev, Gani & Verdier, Thierry, 2010.
"Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 48-63, January.
- Gani Aldashev & Thierry Verdier, 2010. "Goodwill bazaar: NGO competition and giving to development," Post-Print halshs-00754487, HAL.
- Chau, Nancy H. & Huysentruyt, Marieke, 2006. "Nonprofits and public good provision: A contest based on compromises," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 1909-1935, November.
- Frank-Oliver Aldenhoff, 2007. "Are economic forecasts of the International Monetary Fund politically biased? A public choice analysis," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 239-260, September.
- Johan F.M. Swinnen & Thijs Vandemoortele & Mara Squicciarini, 2010. "The Market for Policy Communication," LICOS Discussion Papers 27210, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Ritva Reinikka & Jakob Svensson, 2005. "Fighting Corruption to Improve Schooling: Evidence from a Newspaper Campaign in Uganda," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(2-3), pages 259-267, 04/05.
- James Andreoni & A. Abigail Payne, 2003. "Do Government Grants to Private Charities Crowd Out Giving or Fund-raising?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 792-812, June.
- Besley, Timothy & Burgess, Robin, 2001. "Political agency, government responsiveness and the role of the media," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 629-640, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yuksel, Hatice & Karantininis, Konstantinos & Hess, Sebastian, 2014. "A media analysis of food crisis: from qualitative analysis to a quantitative approach," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182685, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Swinnen, Johan & Van Herck, Kristine, 2012.
"Food Security: Challenges and Opportunities for Eastern Europe and Central Asia,"
Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development,
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-16, June.
- Johan Swinnen & Kristine Van Herck, 2012. "Food Security: Challenges and Opportunities for Eastern Europe and Central Asia," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 9(1), pages 37-52, June.
More about this item
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- Y80 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Related Disciplines - - - Related Disciplines
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lic:licosd:25910. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/licosbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.