Food prices and poverty reduction in the long run:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Ravallion & Shaohua Chen & Prem Sangraula, 2007.
"New Evidence on the Urbanization of Global Poverty,"
Population and Development Review,
The Population Council, Inc., vol. 33(4), pages 667-701.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua & Sangraula, Prem, 2007. "New evidence on the urbanization of global poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4199, The World Bank.
- Easterly, William & Fischer, Stanley, 2001. "Inflation and the Poor," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(2), pages 160-178, May.
- Verpoorten, Marijke & Arora, Abhimanyu & Stoop, Nik & Swinnen, Johan, 2013.
"Self-reported food insecurity in Africa during the food price crisis,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 51-63.
- Arora, Abhimanyu & Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Verpoorten, Marijke, 2012. "Self-Reported Food Insecurity in Africa During the Food Price Crisis," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126897, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Marijke Verpoorten & Abhimanyu Arora & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2012. "Self-Reported Food Insecurity in Africa During the Food Price Crisis," LICOS Discussion Papers 30312, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Rafael E. de Hoyos & Denis Medvedev, 2011.
"Poverty Effects of Higher Food Prices: A Global Perspective,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 387-402, August.
- De Hoyos, Rafael E. & Medvedev, Denis, 2009. "Poverty effects of higher food prices : a global perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4887, The World Bank.
- Derek D. Headey, 2013.
"The Impact of the Global Food Crisis on Self-Assessed Food Security,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 27(1), pages 1-27.
- Headey, Derek D., 2013. "The impact of the global food crisis on self-assessed food security," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6329, The World Bank.
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Rashid, Shahidur & Ahmad, Kaikaus & Mueller, Valerie & Lee, Hak Lim & Lemma, Solomon & Belal, Saika & Ahmed, Akhter U., 2013. "Rising wages in Bangladesh:," IFPRI discussion papers 1249, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ravallion, Martin, 1990. "Rural Welfare Effects of Food Price Changes under Induced Wage Responses: Theory and Evidence for Bangladesh," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(3), pages 574-585, July.
- Deaton, Angus, 1989. "Rice Prices and Income Distribution in Thailand: A Non-parametric Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(395), pages 1-37, Supplemen.
- Van Campenhout, Bjorn & Pauw, Karl & Minot, Nicholas, 2013. "The impact of food prices shocks in Uganda: First-order versus long-run effects:," IFPRI discussion papers 1284, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Alain de Janvry & Elisabeth Sadoulet, 2010. "Agricultural Growth and Poverty Reduction: Additional Evidence," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 25(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 2002. "Why has economic growth been more pro-poor in some states of India than others?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 381-400, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gentilini,Ugo, 2016. "The revival of the"cash versus food"debate : new evidence for an old quandary ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7584, The World Bank.
- Olper, Alessandro & Curzi, Daniele & Swinnen, Jo, 2015.
"Trade Liberalization and Child Mortality: A Synthetic Control Method,"
2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy
212597, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alessandro Olper & Daniele Curzi & Jo Swinnen, 2017. " Trade liberalization and child mortality: a synthetic control method," Working Papers Department of Economics 567787, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Alessandro Olper & Daniele Curzi & Johan Swinnen, 2017. "Trade Liberalization and Child Mortality: A Synthetic Control Method," LICOS Discussion Papers 38717, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Alessandro Olper & Daniele Curzi & Jo Swinnen, 2017. " Trade liberalization and child mortality: a synthetic control method," Working Papers LICOS Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance 567787, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, LICOS Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- Jasmien De Winne & Gert Peersman, 2018.
"Agricultural Price Shocks And Business Cycles: A Global Warning For Advanced Economies,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
18/945, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Jasmien De Winne & Gert Peersman, 2018. "Agricultural Price Shocks and Business Cycles - A Global Warning for Advanced Economies," CESifo Working Paper Series 7037, CESifo Group Munich.
- Traub, Lulama & Yeboah, Felix & Meyer, Ferdinand & Jayne, Thomas S., 2015. "Megatrends and the Future of African Economies," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212525, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:fpr:ifpric:9780896292499-08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ly, Nguyen & Henry, Kinnucan, 2016. "Some Effects of Income and Population Growth on Fish Price and Welfare," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229892, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Sadullah Çelik & Deniz Şatıroğlu, 2015. "A Reality Check on the Relationship between Poverty and Income Inequality for Turkey," EY International Congress on Economics II (EYC2015), November 5-6, 2015, Ankara, Turkey 229, Ekonomik Yaklasim Association.
- World Bank Group, 2015. "Kyrgyz Republic," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22957, The World Bank.
- Gentilini, Ugo, 2014. "Our daily bread : what is the evidence on comparing cash versus food transfers?," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 89502, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsFood prices; Poverty; income; poverty alleviation; Food crisis; inequality; income growth;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-04-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-LTV-2014-04-05 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1331. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .