Productivity, Technical Efficiency, and Farm Size in Paraguayan Agriculture
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ball, Richard & Pounder, Laurie, 1996. ""Efficient but Poor" Revisited," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(4), pages 735-760, July.
- Benjamin, Dwayne, 1995. "Can unobserved land quality explain the inverse productivity relationship?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 51-84, February.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1995.
"Power, distortions, revolt and reform in agricultural land relations,"
Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 42, pages 2659-2772
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1993. "Power, distortions, revolt, and reform in agricultural land relations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1164, The World Bank.
- Newell, Andrew & Pandya, Kiran & Symons, James, 1997. "Farm Size and the Intensity of Land Use in Gujarat," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(2), pages 307-315, April.
- Byiringiro, Fidele Usabuwera & Reardon, Thomas, 1996.
"Farm productivity in Rwanda: effects of farm size, erosion, and soil conservation investments,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(2), November.
- Byiringiro, Fidele & Reardon, Thomas, 1996. "Farm productivity in Rwanda: effects of farm size, erosion, and soil conservation investments," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 127-136, November.
- Frisvold, George B., 1994. "Does supervision matter? Some hypothesis tests using Indian farm-level data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 217-238, April.
- Bhalla, Surjit S & Roy, Prannoy L, 1988. "Mis-specification in Farm Productivity Analysis: The Role of Land Quality," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(1), pages 55-73, March.
- Verma, B N & Bromley, Daniel W, 1987. "The Political Economy of Farm Size in India: The Elusive Quest," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(4), pages 791-808, July.
- Feder, Gershon, 1985. "The relation between farm size and farm productivity : The role of family labor, supervision and credit constraints," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 297-313, August.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Aliber, Michael, 1993. "An Analysis Of Economic Efficiency In Agriculture: A Nonparametric Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(01), July.
- Cornia, Giovanni Andrea, 1985. "Farm size, land yields and the agricultural production function: An analysis for fifteen developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 513-534, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kokoye, Sènakpon E. Haroll & Yabi, Jacob A. & Tovignan, Silvère D. & Yegbemey, Rosaine N. & Nuppenau, Ernst-August, 2013. "Simultaneous modelling of the determinants of the partial inputs productivity in the municipality of Banikoara, Northern Benin," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 53-59.
- Tleubayev, Alisher & Bobojonov, Ihtiyor & Götz, Linde & Hockmann, Heinrich & Glauben, Thomas, 2017.
"Determinants of productivity and efficiency of wheat production in Kazakhstan: A stochastic frontier approach
[Determinanten von Produktivität und Effizienz der Weizenproduktion in Kasachstan: Ein ," IAMO Discussion Papers 160, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- repec:bas:econth:y:2012:i:4:p:46-77 is not listed on IDEAS
- Okoye, B.C & Agbaeze, C.C & Asumugha, G.N & Aniedu, O.C & Mbanaso, E.N.A, 2009. "Small is Beautiful: Empirical Evidence of an Inverse Relationship between Farm Size and Productive Efficiency in Small-Holder Cassava Production in Ideato North LGA of Imo State," MPRA Paper 17418, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Liverpool-Tasie, Lenis Saweda & Kuku, Oluyemisi & Ajibola, Akeem, 2011. "Review of literature on agricultural productivity, social capital and food security in Nigeria:," NSSP working papers 21, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ukoha, O.O & Okoye, B.C & Emetu, J, 2010. "Analysis of the Determinants of Total Factor Productivity among Small-Holder Cassava Farmers in Ohafia L.G.A of Abia State," MPRA Paper 26125, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bas:econth:y:2012:i:4:p:78-104 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2012. "Framework for assessing efficiency of farms and agrarian organizations," MPRA Paper 40136, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oyvat, Cem & wa Gĩthĩnji, Mwangi, 2017. "Migration in Kenya: beyond Harris-Todaro," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 16226, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- World Bank & Observatoire National de la Pauvreté et de l’Exclusion Sociale, 2014.
"Investing in People to Fight Poverty in Haiti : Reflections for Evidence-based Policy Making
[Haïti - Investir dans l’humain pour combattre la pauvreté : Éléments de réflexions pour la prise de déc," World Bank Other Operational Studies 21519, The World Bank.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2007-02-24 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-02-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2007-02-24 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_490. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.