Analysis of the Determinants of Total Factor Productivity among Small-Holder Cassava Farmers in Ohafia L.G.A of Abia State
The study analysed the determinants of total factor productivity by the use of OLS regression technique among small-holder cassava farmers in Ohafia Local Government Area of Abia State. The study data was collected through a multi-stage random sampling technique from 90 farmers in 2009. The coefficients for education and extension were negative and significantly related to total factor productivity (TFP) at 10%level of probability. The coefficients for age, fertilizer and access to credit were positive and significant at 1% level of probability. The coefficients for gender and household size were negative and significant at 1% level of probability. The results calls for policies aimed at provision of inputs especially fertilizer and credit targeted mostly on women farmers. Policies on increased education and extension contacts and birth control should be advocated for
|Date of creation:||14 Jul 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas Masterson, 2007. "Productivity, Technical Efficiency, and Farm Size in Paraguayan Agriculture," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_490, Levy Economics Institute.
- Okoye, B.C & Onyenweaku, C.E & Asumugha, G.N, 2006. "Allocative Efficiency of Small-Holder Cocoyam Farmers in Anambra State, Nigeria," MPRA Paper 17362, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2004.
"Farm productivity and efficiency in the CEE applicant countries: a synthesis of results,"
Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2004. "Farm productivity and efficiency in the CEE applicant countries: a synthesis of results," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 30(1), January.
- Huffman, Wallace & Evenson, Robert E., 2003. "New Econometric Evidence on Agricultural Total Factor Productivity Determinants: Impact of Funding Sources," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11176, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Nigel Key & William McBride, 2003. "Production Contracts and Productivity in the U.S. Hog Sector," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 121-133.
- Fatma Gul Unal, 2008. "Small Is Beautiful: Evidence of an Inverse Relationship between Farm Size and Yield in Turkey," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_551, Levy Economics Institute. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.