Analysis of the Determinants of Total Factor Productivity among Small-Holder Cassava Farmers in Ohafia L.G.A of Abia State
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Masterson, 2007. "Productivity, Technical Efficiency, and Farm Size in Paraguayan Agriculture," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_490, Levy Economics Institute.
- Okoye, B.C & Onyenweaku, C.E & Asumugha, G.N, 2006. "Allocative Efficiency of Small-Holder Cocoyam Farmers in Anambra State, Nigeria," MPRA Paper 17362, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Huffman, Wallace & Evenson, Robert E., 2003.
"New Econometric Evidence on Agricultural Total Factor Productivity Determinants: Impact of Funding Sources,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
11176, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Huffman, Wallace E. & Evenson, Robert E., 2003. "New Econometric Evidence On Agricultural Total Factor Productivity Determinants: Impact Of Funding Sources," Working Papers 18201, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Huffman, Wallace & Evenson, Robert E., 2003. "New Econometric Evidence on Agricultural Total Factor Productivity Determinants: Impact of Funding Sources," ISU General Staff Papers 200312010800001237, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Nigel Key & William McBride, 2003. "Production Contracts and Productivity in the U.S. Hog Sector," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 121-133.
- Fatma Gul Unal, 2008. "Small Is Beautiful: Evidence of an Inverse Relationship between Farm Size and Yield in Turkey," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_551, Levy Economics Institute.
- Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2004. "Farm productivity and efficiency in the CEE applicant countries: a synthesis of results," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 1-16, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ettah Otu I.* & Ani Stella O., 2018. "Allocative and Technical Efficiencies Among Small Holder Cocoyam Farmers in Cross River State Central Agricultural Zone, Nigeria," Journal of Agriculture and Crops, Academic Research Publishing Group, vol. 4(6), pages 68-72, 06-2018.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Okoye, B.C & Agbaeze, C.C & Asumugha, G.N & Aniedu, O.C & Mbanaso, E.N.A, 2009. "Small is Beautiful: Empirical Evidence of an Inverse Relationship between Farm Size and Productive Efficiency in Small-Holder Cassava Production in Ideato North LGA of Imo State," MPRA Paper 17418, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- World Bank & Observatoire National de la Pauvreté et de l’Exclusion Sociale, . "Investing in People to Fight Poverty in Haiti : Reflections for Evidence-based Policy Making [Haïti - Investir dans l’humain pour combattre la pauvreté : Éléments de réflexions pour la prise de déc," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 21519.
- Liverpool-Tasie, Lenis Saweda & Kuku, Oluyemisi & Ajibola, Akeem, 2011. "Review of literature on agricultural productivity, social capital and food security in Nigeria:," NSSP working papers 21, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2012. "Framework for assessing efficiency of farms and agrarian organizations," MPRA Paper 40136, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Solís & Boris E. Bravo‐Ureta & Ricardo E. Quiroga, 2009. "Technical Efficiency among Peasant Farmers Participating in Natural Resource Management Programmes in Central America," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 202-219, February.
- Franken, Jason R.V. & Parcell, Joseph L., 2012. "Evaluation of Market Thinness for Hogs and Pork," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 44(4), pages 1-16, November.
- repec:rri:wpaper:200803 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gersch Inka, 2018. "Producer organizations and contract farming: a comparative study of smallholders’ market strategies in South India," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsgeographie, De Gruyter, vol. 62(1), pages 14-29, March.
- Manevska-Tasevska, Gordana & Hansson, Helena & Asmild, Mette & Surry, Yves, 2018. "Assessing the regional efficiency of Swedish agriculture under the CAP ‒ a multidirectional efficiency approach," 162nd Seminar, April 26-27, 2018, Budapest, Hungary 271971, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lososova, J. & Zdenek, R., 2014. "Key Factors Affecting the Profitability of Farms in the Czech Republic," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 6(1), pages 1-16, March.
- Fogarasi, Jozsef & Latruffe, Laure, 2009.
"Farm performance and support in Central and Western Europe: a comparison of Hungary and France,"
83rd Annual Conference, March 30 - April 1, 2009, Dublin, Ireland
51053, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Latruffe, Laure & Fogarasi, Jozsef, 2009. "Farm performance and support in Central and Western Europe: A comparison of Hungary and France," Working Papers 210400, Institut National de la recherche Agronomique (INRA), Departement Sciences Sociales, Agriculture et Alimentation, Espace et Environnement (SAE2).
- Laure Latruffe & Jozsef Fogarasi, 2009. "Farm performance and support in Central and Western Europe: A comparison of Hungary and France," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 09-07, INRAE UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Fogarasi, Jozsef & Latruffe, Laure, 2009. "Farm performance and support in Central and Western Europe: A comparison of Hungary and France," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51431, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Julia Jouan & Aude Ridier & Matthieu Carof, 2019. "Economic Drivers of Legume Production: Approached via Opportunity Costs and Transaction Costs," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-14, January.
- Rachael Goodhue & Leo Simon, 2016. "Agricultural contracts, adverse selection, and multiple inputs," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-33, December.
- Granoszewski, Karol & Spiller, Achim, 2013. "Langfristige Rohstoffsicherung in der Supply Chain Biogas: Status Quo und Potenziale vertraglicher Zusammenarbeit," DARE Discussion Papers 1303, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Latruffe, Laure & Fogarasi, József & Desjeux, Yann, 2012.
"Efficiency, productivity and technology comparison for farms in Central and Western Europe: The case of field crop and dairy farming in Hungary and France,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 264-278.
- Laure Latruffe & József Fogarasi & Yann Desjeux, 2012. "Efficiency, productivity and technology comparison for farms in central and western europe : the case of field crop and dairy farming in hungary and france," Post-Print hal-01208812, HAL.
- Rizov, Marian, 2008. "Institutions, reform policies, and productivity growth in agriculture: Evidence from former communist countries," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 307-323.
- Blasejczyk-Majka, Lucyna & Kala, Radoslaw & Maciejewski, Krzysztof, 2011. "Do Field Crop Farms and Mixed Farms of Old and New EU Members Improve Productivity at the Same Rate? A Regional Level Approach," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114254, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ali D. Cagdas & Scott R. Jeffrey & Elwin G. Smith & Peter C. Boxall, 2016. "Environmental Stewardship and Technical Efficiency in Canadian Prairie Canola Production," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 64(3), pages 455-477, September.
- Olson, Kent D. & Vu, Linh, 2009. "Productivity Growth, Technical Efficiency and Technical Change on Minnesota Farms," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49204, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Liesbet Vranken & Karen Macours & Nivelin Noev & Johan Swinnen, 2007.
"Property Rights Imperfections, Asset Allocation, and Welfare: Co-Ownership in Bulgaria,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
18007, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Liesbet Vranken & Karen Macours & Nivelin Noev & Johan Swinnen, 2011. "Property Rights Imperfections, Asset Allocation and Welfare: Co-ownership in Bulgaria," Post-Print halshs-00754535, HAL.
- Liesbet Vranken & Karen Macours & Nivelin Noev & Johan Swinnen, 2011. "Property Rights Imperfections, Asset Allocation and Welfare: Co-ownership in Bulgaria," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-00754535, HAL.
- Vranken, Liesbet & Macours, Karen & Noev, Nivelin & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2007. "Property Rights Imperfections, Asset Allocation, and Welfare: Co-Ownership in Bulgaria," 104th Seminar, September 5-8, 2007, Budapest, Hungary 7795, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chan, Ming Ming & Shi, Qun & Tyers, Rodney, 2005. "Global Demographic Change and Economic Performance: Implications for Agricultural Markets," 2005 Conference (49th), February 9-11, 2005, Coff's Harbour, Australia 137808, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
More about this item
KeywordsTotal Factor Productivity and Cassava;
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- D29 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Other
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-10-30 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2010-10-30 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-CWA-2010-10-30 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EFF-2010-10-30 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.