Economic Efficiency, Structure and Scale Economies in the U.S. Dairy Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tim Coelli & Antonio Estache & Sergio Perelman & Lourdes Trujillo, 2003.
"A Primer on Efficiency Measurement for Utilities and Transport Regulators,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 15149.
- Antonio Estache & Tim Coelli & Sergio Perelman & Lourdes Trujillo, 2003. "A Primer on Efficiency Measurement for Utilities and Transport Regulators," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44106, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Halvorsen, Robert, 1986. "The relative efficiency of public and private firms in a regulated environment: The case of U.S. electric utilities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 281-294, April.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Halvorsen, Robert, 1984. "Parametric Efficiency Tests, Economies of Scale, and Input Demand in U.S. Electric Power Generation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(3), pages 647-662, October.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Halvorsen, Robert, 1980. "A Test of Relative and Absolute Price Efficiency in Regulated Utilities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(1), pages 81-88, February.
- Arunava Bhattacharyya & Elliott Parker & Kambiz Raffiee, 1994. "An Examination of the Effect of Ownership on the Relative Efficiency of Public and Private Water Utilities," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(2), pages 197-209.
- Alvarez, Antonio & Arias, Carlos, 2004. "Technical efficiency and farm size: a conditional analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 241-250, May.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Swanson, Joseph A, 1981. "Productivity Growth, Scale Economies, and Capacity Utilization in U.S. Railroads, 1955-74," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 994-1002, December.
- OW Maietta, 2000. "The decomposition of cost inefficiency into technical and allocative components with panel data of Italian dairy farms," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 27(4), pages 473-495, December.
- Antonio Alvarez & Carlos Arias, 2003. "Diseconomies of Size with Fixed Managerial Ability," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 134-142.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1973. "Transcendental Logarithmic Production Frontiers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(1), pages 28-45, February.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Almuhanad Melhim & Erik J. O'Donoghue & C. Richard Shumway, 2009.
"Do the Largest Firms Grow and Diversify the Fastest? The Case of U.S. Dairies,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 31(2), pages 284-302, June.
- Almuhanad Melhim & Erik J. O'Donoghue & C. Richard Shumway, 2008. "Do the Largest Firms Grow and Diversify the Fastest? The Case of U.S. Dairies," Working Papers 2008-7, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Richard Nehring & Jeffrey Gillespie & Carmen Sandretto & Charlie Hallahan, 2009. "Small U.S. dairy farms: can they compete?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(s1), pages 817-825, November.
- Hisham S. El-Osta, 2016. "Farmland Ownership and Its Impact on the Debt Servicing Capacity Among U.S. Married-Couple Farm Households," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 190-206, November.
- Mayen, Carlos D. & Balagtas, Joseph Valdes & Alexander, Corinne E., 2009. "Vertical Economies of Scope for Organic and Conventional Dairy Farms in the United States," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49409, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Nehring, Richard & Gillespie, Jeffrey & Erickson, Kenneth & Harris, J. Michael & Heutte, Silke & Sauer, Johannes, 2018. "Small U.S. Dairy Farms: Can They Compete? A Revisit," 2018 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2018, Jacksonville, Florida 266535, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:oup:revage:v:31:y:2009:i:2:p:284-302. is not listed on IDEAS
- Snider, Lindsey & Langemeier, Michael R., 2009. "A Long-Term Analysis of Changes in Farm Size and Financial Performance," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 45915, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea06:21440. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.