Small U.S. Dairy Farms: Can They Compete?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Tauer, Loren W. & Mishra, Ashok K., 2006.
"Can the small dairy farm remain competitive in US agriculture?,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 458-468, October.
- Tauer, Loren W. & Mishra, Ashok K., 2003. "Can the Small Dairy Farm Remain Competitive in U.S. Agriculture?," Working Papers 127239, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Parikh, A & Edwards, R, 1980. "Structural Analysis and Forecasts of Commodity Imports Using Cross-Section Relationships," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 109-127.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- D’Antoni, Jeremy M. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Blayney, Donald, 2013.
"Assessing participation in the Milk Income Loss Contract program and its impact on milk production,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 243-254.
- D'Antoni, Jeremy M. & Mishra, Ashok K., 2011. "Assessing Participation in the Milk Income Loss Contract Program and its Impact on Milk Production," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103775, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Nehring, Richard & Gillespie, Jeffrey & Hallahan, Charles & Sauer, Johannes, 2015. "The Economics and Productivity of Organic versus Non-organic U.S. Dairy Farms," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196805, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Sabine Duvaleix-Tréguer & Carl Gaigné, 2016.
"On the nature and magnitude of cost economies in hog production,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(4), pages 465-476, July.
- Duvaleix-Tréguer, Sabine & Gaigné, Carl, 2014. "On the Nature and Magnitude of Cost Economies in Hog production," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182766, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Carl Gaigné & Sabine Duvaleix-Treguer, 2015. "On the Nature and Magnitude of Cost Economies in Hog Production," Post-Print hal-01238428, HAL.
- Nehring, Richard F. & Sauer, Johannes & Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & Hallahan, Charles B., 2011. "Intensive versus Extensive Dairy Production Systems: Dairy States in the Eastern and Midwestern U.S. and Key Pasture Countries the E.U.: Determining the Competitive Edge," 2011 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2011, Corpus Christi, Texas 98824, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Nehring, Richard F. & Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & Hallahan, Charles B. & Sauer, Johannes, 2012. "Economic Efficiency of U.S. Organic Versus Conventional Dairy Farms: Evidence from 2005 and 2010," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119769, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsPasture-based system; technical efficiency; returns to scale; dairy; Livestock Production/Industries; Productivity Analysis;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-09-19 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2009-09-19 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa111:52869. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .