Economic Efficiency of U.S. Organic Versus Conventional Dairy Farms: Evidence from 2005 and 2010
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:revage:v:31:y:2009:i:4:p:793-813. is not listed on IDEAS
- William D. McBride & Catherine Greene, 2009.
"Costs of Organic Milk Production on U.S. Dairy Farms,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 31(4), pages 793-813.
- William D. McBride & Catherine Greene, 2009. "Costs of Organic Milk Production on U.S. Dairy Farms," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 31(4), pages 793-813, December.
- Tauer, Loren W. & Mishra, Ashok K., 2005. "U.S. Dairy Farm Cost Efficiency," Working Papers 127079, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Richard Nehring & Jeffrey Gillespie & Carmen Sandretto & Charlie Hallahan, 2009. "Small U.S. dairy farms: can they compete?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(s1), pages 817-825, November.
- Dorfman, Jeffrey H. & Koop, Gary, 2005. "Current developments in productivity and efficiency measurement," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 233-240, June.
- Paul, Catherine J. Morrison & Nehring, Richard, 2005. "Product diversification, production systems, and economic performance in U.S. agricultural production," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 525-548, June.
- Vince Breneman, 2006. "Urban Influence on Costs of Production in the Corn Belt," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(4), pages 930-946.
- Catherine J. Morrison Paul & Richard Nehring & David Banker, 2004. "Productivity, Economies, and Efficiency in U.S. Agriculture: A Look at Contracts," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1308-1314.
- Dimitri, Carolyn & Greene, Catherine R., 2002. "Recent Growth Patterns In The U.S. Organic Foods Market," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33715, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Hanson, James C. & Dismukes, Robert & Chambers, William & Greene, Catherine R. & Kremen, Amy, 2003. "Risk And Risk Management In Organic Agriculture: View Of Organic Farmers," Working Papers 28551, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Mayen Carlos D & Balagtas Joseph V. & Alexander Corinne E., 2009. "Vertical Economies of Scope in Dairy Farming," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-17, October.
- V. Eldon Ball & W. A. Lindamood & Richard Nehring & Carlos San Juan Mesonada, 2008. "Capital as a factor of production in OECD agriculture: measurement and data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(10), pages 1253-1277.
- Roberto Mosheim & C.A. Knox Lovell, 2007. "Scale Economies and Inefficiency of U.S. Dairy Farms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(3), pages 777-794.
More about this item
KeywordsOrganic; Non-organic; Input Distance Function; Livestock Production/Industries; Production Economics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-02-08 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2012-02-08 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea12:119769. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .