The relationship between farm size and productivity: empirical evidence from the Nepalese mid-hills
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Thapa, Sridhar, 2007. "The relationship between farm size and productivity: empirical evidence from the Nepalese mid-hills," MPRA Paper 7638, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2007.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shenggen Fan & Connie Chan-Kang, 2005.
"Is small beautiful? Farm size, productivity, and poverty in Asian agriculture,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(s1), pages 135-146, January.
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2003. "Is Small Beautiful? Farm Size, Productivity, and Pverty in Asian Agriculture," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa: Plenary Sessions 245929, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Carter, Michael R, 1984. "Identification of the Inverse Relationship between Farm Size and Productivity: An Empirical Analysis of Peasant Agricultural Production," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(1), pages 131-145, March.
- Newell, Andrew & Pandya, Kiran & Symons, James, 1997. "Farm Size and the Intensity of Land Use in Gujarat," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(2), pages 307-315, April.
- Bardhan, Pranab K, 1973. "Size, Productivity, and Returns to Scale: An Analysis of Farm-Level Data in Indian Agriculture," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(6), pages 1370-1386, Nov.-Dec..
- Bhalla, Surjit S & Roy, Prannoy L, 1988. "Mis-specification in Farm Productivity Analysis: The Role of Land Quality," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(1), pages 55-73, March.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Regmi, Punya Prasad, 2000.
"Estimating labor supply of farm households under nonseparability: empirical evidence from Nepal,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 22(3), April.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Regmi, Punya Prasad, 2000. "Estimating labor supply of farm households under nonseparability: empirical evidence from Nepal," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 309-320, April.
- Feder, Gershon, 1985. "The relation between farm size and farm productivity : The role of family labor, supervision and credit constraints," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 297-313, August.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1996. "On price risk and the inverse farm size-productivity relationship," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 193-215, December.
- Cornia, Giovanni Andrea, 1985. "Farm size, land yields and the agricultural production function: An analysis for fifteen developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 513-534, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francisco Campos-Ortiz & Mariana Oviedo-Pacheco, 2013. "Study on the Competitiveness of the Mexican Sugar Industry," Working Papers 2013-16, Banco de México.
- Thapa, Sridhar, 2008. "Gender differentials in agricultural productivity: evidence from Nepalese household data," MPRA Paper 13722, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2009.
- Tleubayev, Alisher & Bobojonov, Ihtiyor & Götz, Linde & Hockmann, Heinrich & Glauben, Thomas, 2017.
"Determinants of productivity and efficiency of wheat production in Kazakhstan: A stochastic frontier approach
[Determinanten von Produktivität und Effizienz der Weizenproduktion in Kasachstan: Ein ," IAMO Discussion Papers 160, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Bhatt, Mohammad Sultan & Bhat, Showkat Ahmad, 4. "Technical Efficiency and Farm Size Productivity â€• Micro Level Evidence from Jammu & Kashmir," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 2(4).
- Benjamin Tetteh Anang, 2017. "Effect of non-farm work on agricultural productivity: Empirical evidence from northern Ghana," WIDER Working Paper Series 038, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
Keywordsinverse relationship; farm size; productivity; returns to scale; Nepal; Q15; O13; Farm Management;
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa106:7940. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.