Costs and Benefits of Labour Mobility between the EU and the Eastern Partnership Countries Country Study: Italy
Migrants from the Eastern Partnership Countries: Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan has increased in the last ten years. Two different patterns are detected among the most important groups: Ukrainian and Moldovan. The first is mainly composed by women with a temporary migration plan while the second was initially composed by women but rapidly the family reunification was obtained and the migration plan became more permanent. By using the Italian Labour Force survey we analyse the employment situation, the over education of the migrants and their assimilation.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||published in: IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, 2014, 3:8|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 228 3894 223
Fax: +49 228 3894 180
Web page: http://www.iza.org
|Order Information:|| Postal: IZA, Margard Ody, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alessandra Venturini, 1999. "Do immigrants working illegally reduce the natives' legal employment? Evidence from Italy," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 135-154.
- Stefano STAFFOLANI & Enzo VALENTINI, 2009. "Does Immigration Raise Blue and White Collar Wages of Natives?," Working Papers 330, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Faini, Riccardo & Strom, Steinar & Venturini, Alessandra & Villosio, Claudia, 2009.
"Are Foreign Migrants More Assimilated Than Native Ones?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4639, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Riccardo Faini & Steiner Strom & Alessandra Venturini & Claudia Villosio, 2009. "Are Foreign Migrants more Assimilated than Native Ones?," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 96, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Dell'Aringa Carlo & Pagani Laura, 2011.
"Labour Market Assimilation and Over-Education: The Case of Immigrant Workers in Italy,"
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 219-240.
- Carlo Dell'Aringa & Laura Pagani, 2010. "Labour Market Assimilation and Over Education: The Case of Immigrant Workers in Italy," Working Papers 178, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2010.
- Carlo Dell'Aringa & Laura Pagani, 2010. "Labour Market Assimilation and Over Education: The Case of Immigrant Workers in Italy," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Economia dell'Impresa e del Lavoro ieil0058, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Andrea Gavosto & Alessandra Venturini & Claudia Villosio, 1999. "Do Immigrants Compete with Natives?," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 13(3), pages 603-621, 09.
- Alessandra VENTURINI & Claudia VILLOSIO, 2006. "Labour market effects of immigration into Italy: An empirical analysis," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 145(1-2), pages 91-118, 03.
- Guglielmo Barone & Sauro Mocetti, 2010.
"With a little help from abroad: the effect of low-skilled immigration on the female labor supply,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
766, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Barone, Guglielmo & Mocetti, Sauro, 2011. "With a little help from abroad: The effect of low-skilled immigration on the female labour supply," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 664-675, October.
- Ferruccio Pastore & Claudia Villosio, 2011. "NEVERTHELESS ATTRACTING… Italy and Immigration in Times of Crisis," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 106, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Giulia Bizzotto & Claudia Villosio, 2011. "Once there were wives and daughters, now there are badanti: Working in home elderly care in Italy is still an informal, unqualified and unrecognised occupation," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 114, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Pellizzari, Michele, 2011.
"The Use of Welfare by Migrants in Italy,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5613, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ferrera, Maurizio & Hemerijck, Anton & Rhodes, Martin, 2000. "Recasting European Welfare States for the 21st Century," European Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 427-446, July.
- Kanchana Ruwanpura, 2008. "Multiple identities, multiple-discrimination: A critical review," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 77-105.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp7635. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.