Intrafirm Mobility and Sex Differences in Pay
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Ronald Oaxaca & Michael Ransom, 2003. "Using Econometric Models for Intrafirm Equity Salary Adjustments," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 1(3), pages 221-249, December.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Weiss, Andrew, 1984. "Determinants of Quit Behavior," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(3), pages 371-387, July.
- Baldwin, Marjorie L & Butler, Richard J & Johnson, William G, 2001. "A Hierarchical Theory of Occupational Segregation and Wage Discrimination," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(1), pages 94-110, January.
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
- Neuman, Shoshana & Oaxaca, Ronald L, 1998. "Estimating Labour Market Discrimination with Selectivity Corrected Wage Equations: Methodological Considerations and an Illustration from Israel," CEPR Discussion Papers 1915, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anica Rose, 2017. "Subjective Appraisals of Employee Potential: Do Gender and Managerial Level Matter?," Working Papers Dissertations 22, Paderborn University, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics.
- Christian Pfeifer & Tatjana Sohr, 2009. "Analysing the Gender Wage Gap (GWG) Using Personnel Records," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 23(2), pages 257-282, June.
- Curtis R. Price, 2012. "Gender, Competition, and Managerial Decisions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(1), pages 114-122, January.
- Kunze, Astrid & Miller, Amalia, 2014.
"Women Helping Women? Evidence from Private Sector Data on Workplace Hierarchies,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8725, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kunze, Astrid & Miller, Amalia R., 2015. "Women Helping Women? Evidence from Private Sector Data on Workplace Hierarchies," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 14/2015, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Astrid Kunze & Amalia R. Miller, 2014. "Women Helping Women? Evidence from Private Sector Data on Workplace Hierarchies," NBER Working Papers 20761, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chung Choe, 2013.
"Determinants of Labor Market Outcomes of Disabled Men Before and After the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990,"
Korean Economic Review,
Korean Economic Association, vol. 29, pages 211-233.
- Choe, Chung, 2009. "Determinants of Labor Market Outcomes of Disabled Men Before and After the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990," IRISS Working Paper Series 2009-07, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Michael R Ransom & Ronald L. Oaxaca, 2010.
"New Market Power Models and Sex Differences in Pay,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(2), pages 267-289, April.
- Michael R. Ransom & Ronald L. Oaxaca, 2008. "New Market Power Models and Sex Differences in Pay," Working Papers 1110, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Ransom, Michael R. & Oaxaca, Ronald L., 2005. "Sex Differences in Pay in a "New Monopsony" Model of the Labor Market," IZA Discussion Papers 1870, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:iza:izawol:journl:2017:n:358 is not listed on IDEAS
- Doyle, William R. & Skinner, Benjamin T., 2016. "Estimating the education-earnings equation using geographic variation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 254-267.
- Francine Blau & Jed DeVaro, 2006.
"New Evidence on Gender Differences in Promotion Rates: An Empirical Analysis of a Sample of New Hires,"
891, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Francine D. Blau & Jed DeVaro, 2006. "New Evidence on Gender Difference in Promotion Rates: An Empirical Analysis of a Sample of New Hires," NBER Working Papers 12321, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grund, Christian, 2002.
"The Wage Policy of Firms – Comparative Evidence for the U.S. and Germany from Personnel Data,"
IZA Discussion Papers
605, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Grund, 2002. "The Wage Policy of Firms - Comparative Evidence for the U.S. and Germany from Personnel Data," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse30_2002, University of Bonn, Germany.
- repec:spr:jlabre:v:38:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s12122-017-9254-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Empar Pons Blasco & Luisa Escriche Bertolín, 2009. "Who moves up the career ladder? A model of gender differences in job promotion," Working Papers. Serie AD 2009-23, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
More about this item
Keywordsseniority; gender wage differentials; job mobility;
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-02-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2003-02-10 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAB-2003-02-10 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2003-02-10 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp704. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .