The Psychic Costs of Migration: Evidence from Irish Return Migrants
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alan Barrett & Irene Mosca, 2013. "The psychic costs of migration: evidence from Irish return migrants," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 483-506, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan Barrett & Jean Goggin, 2010.
"Returning To The Question Of A Wage Premium For Returning Migrants,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 213(1), pages 43-51, July.
- Barrett, Alan & Goggin, Jean, 2010. "Returning to the Question of a Wage Premium for Returning Migrants," Papers WP337, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Barrett, Alan & Goggin, Jean, 2010. "Returning to the Question of a Wage Premium for Returning Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 4736, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alessandra Venturini & Riccardo Faini, 2008. "Development and Migration: Lessons from Southern Europe," CHILD Working Papers wp10_08, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Morris, Stephen, 2007. "The impact of obesity on employment," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 413-433, June.
- Catherine Y. Co & Ira N. Gang & Myeong-Su Yun, 2000. "Returns to returning," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(1), pages 57-79.
- Barrett, Alan, 1999. "Irish Migration: Characteristics, Causes and Consequences," IZA Discussion Papers 97, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barrett, Alan & Mosca, Irene, 2013. "Learning More About the Causes and Consequences of Migration through the Experiences of Ireland's Older People," Papers RB2013/2/2, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Eiji Yamamura, 2017.
"Inherited social capital and residential mobility: A study using Japan panel data,"
AccessEcon, vol. 37(1), pages 579-558.
- Eiji Yamamura & Yoshiro Tsutsui & Chisako Yamane & Shoko Yamane, 2014. "Inherited social capital and residential mobility: A study using Japan panel data," ISER Discussion Paper 0906, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Zaiceva, A. & Zimmermann, K.F., 2016. "Migration and the Demographic Shift," Handbook of the Economics of Population Aging, Elsevier.
- Liam Delaney & Alan Fernihough & James Smith, 2013.
"Exporting Poor Health: The Irish in England,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(6), pages 2013-2035, December.
- Liam Delaney & Alan Fernihough & James P. Smith, 2011. "Exporting Poor Health: The Irish in England," Working Papers 201114 Keywords : healthy, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Delaney, Liam & Fernihough, Alan & Smith, James P., 2011. "Exporting Poor Health: The Irish in England," IZA Discussion Papers 5852, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2014. "Identity, Nostalgia and Happiness among Migrants: The Case of the Kōshien High School Baseball Tournament in Japan," MPRA Paper 53776, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ruhose, Jens & Falck, Oliver & Lameli, Alfred, 2014.
"The Cost of Migrating to a Culturally Different Location,"
Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy
100327, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Oliver Falck & Alfred Lameli & Jens Ruhose, 2014. "The Cost of Migrating to a Culturally Different Location," CESifo Working Paper Series 4992, CESifo Group Munich.
- Barrett, Alan & Mosca, Irene, 2012. "Exploring the Early-life Causes and Later-life Consequences of Migration through a Longitudinal Study on Ageing," IZA Discussion Papers 6878, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Falck, Oliver & Lameli, Alfred & Ruhose, Jens, 2015. "Cultural Biases in Migration: Estimating Non-Monetary Migration Costs," IZA Discussion Papers 8922, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordsalcoholism; psychic costs of migration; migrants;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .