The psychic costs of migration: evidence from Irish return migrants
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Barrett, Alan & Mosca, Irene, 2012. "The Psychic Costs of Migration: Evidence from Irish Return Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 6324, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan Barrett & Jean Goggin, 2010.
"Returning To The Question Of A Wage Premium For Returning Migrants,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 213(1), pages 43-51, July.
- Barrett, Alan & Goggin, Jean, 2010. "Returning to the Question of a Wage Premium for Returning Migrants," Papers WP337, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Barrett, Alan & Goggin, Jean, 2010. "Returning to the Question of a Wage Premium for Returning Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 4736, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alessandra Venturini & Riccardo Faini, 2008. "Development and Migration: Lessons from Southern Europe," CHILD Working Papers wp10_08, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Morris, Stephen, 2007. "The impact of obesity on employment," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 413-433, June.
- Catherine Y. Co & Ira N. Gang & Myeong-Su Yun, 2000. "Returns to returning," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(1), pages 57-79.
- Barrett, Alan, 1999. "Irish Migration: Characteristics, Causes and Consequences," IZA Discussion Papers 97, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1549-:d:146121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eiji Yamamura, 2017.
"Inherited social capital and residential mobility: A study using Japan panel data,"
AccessEcon, vol. 37(1), pages 579-558.
- Eiji Yamamura & Yoshiro Tsutsui & Chisako Yamane & Shoko Yamane, 2014. "Inherited social capital and residential mobility: A study using Japan panel data," ISER Discussion Paper 0906, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Liam Delaney & Alan Fernihough & James Smith, 2013.
"Exporting Poor Health: The Irish in England,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(6), pages 2013-2035, December.
- Liam Delaney & Alan Fernihough & James P. Smith, 2011. "Exporting Poor Health: The Irish in England," Working Papers 201114 Keywords : healthy, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Delaney, Liam & Fernihough, Alan & Smith, James P., 2011. "Exporting Poor Health: The Irish in England," IZA Discussion Papers 5852, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oliver Falck & Alfred Lameli & Jens Ruhose, 2014.
"The Cost of Migrating to a Culturally Different Location,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4992, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ruhose, Jens & Falck, Oliver & Lameli, Alfred, 2014. "The Cost of Migrating to a Culturally Different Location," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100327, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Barrett, Alan & Mosca, Irene, 2012. "Exploring the Early-life Causes and Later-life Consequences of Migration through a Longitudinal Study on Ageing," IZA Discussion Papers 6878, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:eee:hapoch:v1_119 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barrett, Alan & Mosca, Irene, 2013. "Learning More About the Causes and Consequences of Migration through the Experiences of Ireland's Older People," Papers RB2013/2/2, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2014. "Identity, Nostalgia and Happiness among Migrants: The Case of the Kōshien High School Baseball Tournament in Japan," MPRA Paper 53776, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Falck, Oliver & Lameli, Alfred & Ruhose, Jens, 2015. "Cultural Biases in Migration: Estimating Non-Monetary Migration Costs," IZA Discussion Papers 8922, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zaiceva, A. & Zimmermann, K.F., 2016. "Migration and the Demographic Shift," Handbook of the Economics of Population Aging, Elsevier.
More about this item
KeywordsReturn migrants; Older adults; Ireland; Alcoholism;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:26:y:2013:i:2:p:483-506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.