School or Work? The Role of Weather Shocks in Madagascar
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Francesca MARCHETTA & David SAHN & Luca TIBERTI, 2018. "School or work? The role of weather shocks in Madagascar," Working Papers 201803, CERDI.
- Francesca Marchetta & David Sahn & Luca Tiberti, 2018. "School or work? The role of weather shocks in Madagascar," Working Papers halshs-01774919, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sushenjit Bandyopadhyay & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2015.
"Rainfall variability, occupational choice, and welfare in rural Bangladesh,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 589-634, September.
- Bandyopadhyay, Sushenjit & Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2012. "Rainfall variability, occupational choice, and welfare in rural Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6134, The World Bank.
- Luca Tiberti & Marco Tiberti, 2015.
"Rural Policies, Price Change and Poverty in Tanzania: An Agricultural Household Model-Based Assessment,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 24(2), pages 193-229.
- Luca Tiberti & Marco Tiberti, 2012. "Rural Policies, Price Change and Poverty in Tanzania: an Agricultural Household Model-Based Assessment," Cahiers de recherche 1229, CIRPEE.
- Bengtsson, Niklas, 2010.
"How responsive is body weight to transitory income changes? Evidence from rural Tanzania,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 53-61, May.
- Bengtsson, Niklas, 2007. "How responsive is body weight to transitory income changes? Evidence from rural Tanzania," Working Paper Series 2007:20, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Manisha Shah & Bryce Millett Steinberg, 2017.
"Drought of Opportunities: Contemporaneous and Long-Term Impacts of Rainfall Shocks on Human Capital,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 125(2), pages 527-561.
- Manisha Shah & Bryce Millett Steinberg, 2013. "Drought of Opportunities: Contemporaneous and Long Term Impacts of Rainfall Shocks on Human Capital," NBER Working Papers 19140, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shah, Manisha & Millett Steinberg, Bryce, 2015. "Drought of Opportunities: Contemporaneous and Long-Term Impacts of Rainfall Shocks on Human Capital," IZA Discussion Papers 9440, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian H.C.A. Henning & Arne Henningsen, 2007. "Modeling Farm Households' Price Responses in the Presence of Transaction Costs and Heterogeneity in Labor Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(3), pages 665-681.
- Robert Jensen, 2000. "Agricultural Volatility and Investments in Children," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 399-404, May.
- William Greene, 2004. "The behaviour of the maximum likelihood estimator of limited dependent variable models in the presence of fixed effects," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 7(1), pages 98-119, June.
- Henning, Christian H.C.A. & Henningsen, Arne, 2007. "AJAE Appendix: Modeling Farm Households' Price Responses in the Presence of Transaction Costs and Heterogeneity in Labor Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics Appendices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-44, August.
- de Janvry, Alain & Fafchamps, Marcel & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1991. "Peasant Household Behaviour with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explained," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1400-1417, November.
- Sailesh Tiwari & Hanan G. Jacoby & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2017.
"Monsoon Babies: Rainfall Shocks and Child Nutrition in Nepal,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(2), pages 167-188.
- Tiwari, Sailesh & Jacoby, Hanan G. & Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2013. "Monsoon babies : rainfall shocks and child nutrition in Nepal," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6395, The World Bank.
- Andrew Dillon & Kevin McGee & Gbemisola Oseni, 2015.
"Agricultural Production, Dietary Diversity and Climate Variability,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(8), pages 976-995, August.
- Dillon, Andrew & McGee, Kevin & Oseni, Gbemisola, 2014. "Agricultural production, dietary diversity, and climate variability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7022, The World Bank.
- Dumas, Christelle, 2015. "Shocks and child labor: the role of markets," FSES Working Papers 458, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Melissa Dell & Benjamin F. Jones & Benjamin A. Olken, 2014. "What Do We Learn from the Weather? The New Climate-Economy Literature," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 52(3), pages 740-798, September.
- Mahajan, Kanika, 2017. "Rainfall Shocks and the Gender Wage Gap: Evidence from Indian Agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 156-172.
- Jessoe, Katrina & Manning, Dale T. & Taylor, J. Edward, 2014. "Climate Change and Labor Markets in Rural Mexico: Evidence from Annual Fluctuations in Weather," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170556, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsclimate shocks; employment; schooling; Africa;
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- J43 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Agricultural Labor Markets
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-04-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2018-04-30 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-2018-04-30 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2018-04-30 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp11435. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.