Rainfall variability, occupational choice, and welfare in rural Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sushenjit Bandyopadhyay & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2015. "Rainfall variability, occupational choice, and welfare in rural Bangladesh," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 589-634, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Binswanger, Hans P, 1993.
"Wealth, Weather Risk and the Composition and Profitability of Agricultural Investments,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(416), pages 56-78, January.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1989. "Wealth, Weather Risk and the Composition and Profitability of Agricultural Investments," Bulletins 7455, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1992. "Wealth, weather risk, and the composition and profitability of agricultural investments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1055, The World Bank.
- Nidhiya Menon, 2009. "Rainfall Uncertainty and Occupational Choice in Agricultural Households of Rural Nepal," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(6), pages 864-888.
- Edward C. Norton & Hua Wang & Chunrong Ai, 2004. "Computing interaction effects and standard errors in logit and probit models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(2), pages 154-167, June.
- Banerjee, Lopamudra, 2007. "Effect of Flood on Agricultural Wages in Bangladesh: An Empirical Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 1989-2009, November.
- Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C., 2003. "Interaction terms in logit and probit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 123-129, July.
- Nidhiya Menon & Narayanan Subramanian, 2008. "Learning, diversification and the nature of risk," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 35(1), pages 117-145, April.
- World Bank, 2008. "Bangladesh - Poverty Assessment for Bangladesh : Creating Opportunities and Bridging the East-West Divide," World Bank Other Operational Studies 6144, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2008. "Bangladesh - Poverty Assessment for Bangladesh : Creating Opportunities and Bridging the East-West Divide," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7886, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Azreen Karim & Ilan Noy, 2016. "Poverty And Natural Disasters — A Qualitative Survey Of The Empirical Literature," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(01), pages 1-36, March.
- Eskander, Shaikh & Barbier, Edward, 2016.
"Adaptation to Natural Disasters Through the Agricultural Land Rental Market: Evidence from Bangladesh,"
2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts
235648, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Shaikh Eskander & Edward Barbier, 2016. "Adaptation to natural disasters through the agricultural land rental market: evidence from Bangladesh," GRI Working Papers 236, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:103:y:2018:i:c:p:40-59 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsScience of Climate Change; Hazard Risk Management; Climate Change Mitigation and Green House Gases; Housing&Human Habitats; Water Conservation;
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- J43 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Agricultural Labor Markets
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-07-29 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-07-29 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-2012-07-29 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.