Effect of Flood on Agricultural Wages in Bangladesh: An Empirical Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wu, De-Min, 1973. "Alternative Tests of Independence Between Stochastic Regressors and Disturbances," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 733-750, July.
- Del Ninno, Carlo & Dorosh, Paul A. & Smith, Lisa C., 2003. "Public Policy, Markets and Household Coping Strategies in Bangladesh: Avoiding a Food Security Crisis Following the 1998 Floods," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1221-1238, July.
- Ahmed, Raisuddin & Bernard, Andrew, 1989. "Rice price fluctuation and an approach to price stabilization in Bangladesh:," Research reports 72, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bardhan, Pranab & Rudra, Ashok, 1981. "Terms and Conditions of Labour Contracts in Agriculture: Results of a Survey in West Bengal, 1979," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 43(1), pages 89-111, February.
- Boyce, James K & Ravallion, Martin, 1991. "A Dynamic Econometric Model of Agricultural Wage Determination in Bangladesh," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 53(4), pages 361-376, November.
- Gaurav Datt & Jennifer Olmsted, 2004. "Induced Wage Effects of Changes in Food Prices in Egypt," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(4), pages 137-166.
- N/A, 1985. "Bangladesh," India Quarterly: A Journal of International Affairs, , vol. 41(1), pages 132-135, January.
- Ahmed, Iqbal, 1981. "Wage Determination in Bangladesh Agriculture," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(2), pages 298-322, July.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1990. "Rural Welfare Effects of Food Price Changes under Induced Wage Responses: Theory and Evidence for Bangladesh," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(3), pages 574-585, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karim, Azreen, 2016. "The household response to persistent natural disasters: Evidence from Bangladesh," Working Paper Series 4968, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Sushenjit Bandyopadhyay & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2015.
"Rainfall variability, occupational choice, and welfare in rural Bangladesh,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 589-634, September.
- Bandyopadhyay, Sushenjit & Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2012. "Rainfall variability, occupational choice, and welfare in rural Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6134, The World Bank.
- Fenton, Adrian & Paavola, Jouni & Tallontire, Anne, 2017. "The Role of Microfinance in Household Livelihood Adaptation in Satkhira District, Southwest Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 192-202.
- Azreen Karim & Ilan Noy, 2016. "Poverty And Natural Disasters — A Qualitative Survey Of The Empirical Literature," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(01), pages 1-36, March.
- Eskander, Shaikh & Barbier, Edward, 2016.
"Adaptation to Natural Disasters Through the Agricultural Land Rental Market: Evidence from Bangladesh,"
2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts
235648, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Shaikh Eskander & Edward Barbier, 2016. "Adaptation to natural disasters through the agricultural land rental market: evidence from Bangladesh," GRI Working Papers 236, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Mueller, Valerie & Quisumbing, Agnes, 2010. "Short- and long-term effects of the 1998 Bangladesh flood on rural wages," IFPRI discussion papers 956, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sam Fankhauser, 2016. "Adaptation to climate change," GRI Working Papers 255, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Sauer, Johannes, 2011. "Natural Disasters and Agriculture: Individual Risk Preference towards Flooding," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115989, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:103:y:2018:i:c:p:40-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- Qing-Chang Lu & Junyi Zhang & Lingling Wu & A. B. M. Sertajur Rahman, 2016. "Job and residential location changes responding to floods and cyclones: an analysis based on a cross-nested logit model," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 138(3), pages 453-469, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:35:y:2007:i:11:p:1989-2009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.