Conditional Cash Transfers: Do They Change Time Preferences and Educational Aspirations?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bart H.H. Golsteyn & Hans Grönqvist & Lena Lindahl, 2014. "Adolescent Time Preferences Predict Lifetime Outcomes," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 124(580), pages 739-761, November.
- Lisa Cameron & Manisha Shah, 2015.
"Risk-Taking Behavior in the Wake of Natural Disasters,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 50(2), pages 484-515.
- Cameron, Lisa A. & Shah, Manisha, 2012. "Risk-Taking Behavior in the Wake of Natural Disasters," IZA Discussion Papers 6756, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lisa Cameron & Manisha Shah, 2013. "Risk-Taking Behavior in the Wake of Natural Disasters," NBER Working Papers 19534, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leandro Siqueira Carvalho, 2010. "Poverty and Time Preference," Working Papers 759, RAND Corporation.
- Black, Sandra & Devereux, Paul J. & Lundborg, Petter & Majlesi, Kaveh, 2015.
"On the Origins of Risk-Taking,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10694, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Black, Sandra E. & Devereux, Paul J. & Lundborg, Petter & Majlesi, Kaveh, 2015. "On The Origins of Risk-Taking," Working Papers 2015:20, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Black, Sandra E. & Devereux, Paul J. & Lundborg, Petter & Majlesi, Kaveh, 2015. "On the Origins of Risk-Taking," IZA Discussion Papers 9178, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Sandra E. Black & Paul J. Devereux & Petter Lundborg & Kaveh Majlesi, 2015. "On The Origins of Risk-Taking," Working Papers 201517, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Sandra E. Black & Paul J. Devereux & Petter Lundborg & Kaveh Majlesi, 2015. "On the Origins of Risk-Taking," NBER Working Papers 21332, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chiapa, Carlos & Garrido, José Luis & Prina, Silvia, 2012.
"The effect of social programs and exposure to professionals on the educational aspirations of the poor,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 778-798.
- Carlos Chiapa & José Luis Garrido & Silvia Prina, 2010. "The effect of social programs and exposure to professionals on the educational aspirations of the poor," Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios Económicos 2010-11, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
- Leandro Siqueira Carvalho, 2010. "Poverty and Time Preference," Working Papers WR-759, RAND Corporation.
- Ariel Fiszbein & Norbert Schady & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Margaret Grosh & Niall Keleher & Pedro Olinto & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2009. "Conditional Cash Transfers : Reducing Present and Future Poverty," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2597, September.
- Tomomi Tanaka & Colin F Camerer & Quang Nguyen, 2006. "Poverty, politics, and preferences: Field Experiments and survey data from Vietnam," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000001099, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Samuel Bowles, 1998. "Endogenous Preferences: The Cultural Consequences of Markets and Other Economic Institutions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 75-111, March.
- Bruno Martorano & Sudhanshu Handa & Carolyn Halpern & Harsha Thirumurthy, 2014. "Subjective Well-being, Risk Perceptions and Time Discounting: Evidence from a large-scale cash transfer programme," Papers inwopa717, Innocenti Working Papers.
- ZumbÃ¼hl M.A. & Pfann G.A. & Pfann G.A. & Dohmen T.J., 2013. "Parental investment and the intergenerational transmission of economic preferences," ROA Research Memorandum 011, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Kirby, Kris N. & Godoy, Ricardo & Reyes-Garcia, Victoria & Byron, Elizabeth & Apaza, Lilian & Leonard, William & Perez, Eddy & Vadez, Vincent & Wilkie, David, 2002. "Correlates of delay-discount rates: Evidence from Tsimane' Amerindians of the Bolivian rain forest," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 291-316, June.
- Brian C. Cadena & Benjamin J. Keys, 2015. "Human Capital and the Lifetime Costs of Impatience," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 126-153, August.
- Carvalho, Leandro S. & Prina, Silvia & Sydnor, Justin, 2016. "The effect of saving on risk attitudes and intertemporal choices," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 41-52.
- Benjamin Volland, 2013. "On the intergenerational transmission of preferences," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 217-249, October.
- Mark Dean & Anja Sautmann, 2014. "Credit Constraints and the Measurement of Time Preferences," Working Papers 2014-1, Brown University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:injoed:v:64:y:2019:i:c:p:48-57 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsconditional cash transfers; time preferences; educational aspirations; regression discontinuity design; Colombia;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2016-11-06 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp10309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .