Occupational Gender Segregation in the light of the Segregation in Education: A Cross-National Comparison
The main aims of this article are to conduct a cross-national comparison of levels of occupational gender segregation and to examine the relation between the level of occupational gender segregation and gender segregation in education (both vertical and horizontal). The analyses include 18 European countries covered by the European Social Survey (ESS) conducted in 2004. The comparison pays a special attention to the position of the Czech Republic and differences and similarities between the EU-15 countries and the new EU member states, i.e. post-socialist countries.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 1
Fax: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 700
Web page: http://iriss.ceps.lu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dolado, Juan J. & Felgueroso, Florentino & Jimeno, Juan F, 2002.
"Recent Trends in Occupational Segregation by Gender: A Look Across the Atlantic,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3421, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dolado, Juan J. & Felgueroso, Florentino & Jimeno, Juan F., 2002. "Recent Trends in Occupational Segregation by Gender: A Look Across the Atlantic," IZA Discussion Papers 524, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Juan J. Dolado & Florentino Felgueroso & Juan F. Jimeno, 2002. "Recent Trends In Occupational Segregation By Gender: A Look Across The Atlantic," Economics Working Papers we023011, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Chiplin, Brian & Sloane, P J, 1976. "Personal Characteristics and Sex Differentials in Professional Employment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(344), pages 729-45, December.
- Cooke, Lynn Prince, 2001. "Impact of Dual Careers on Average Family Size: Comparison of 11 Countries," IRISS Working Paper Series 2001-05, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:irs:iriswp:2007-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Philippe Van Kerm)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.