Occupational Gender Segregation in the light of the Segregation in Education: A Cross-National Comparison
The main aims of this article are to conduct a cross-national comparison of levels of occupational gender segregation and to examine the relation between the level of occupational gender segregation and gender segregation in education (both vertical and horizontal). The analyses include 18 European countries covered by the European Social Survey (ESS) conducted in 2004. The comparison pays a special attention to the position of the Czech Republic and differences and similarities between the EU-15 countries and the new EU member states, i.e. post-socialist countries.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 11, Porte des Sciences, L-4366 Esch-sur-Alzette, G.-D. Luxembourg|
Phone: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 1
Fax: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 700
Web page: http://iriss.ceps.lu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chiplin, Brian & Sloane, P J, 1976. "Personal Characteristics and Sex Differentials in Professional Employment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(344), pages 729-745, December.
- Juan J. Dolado & Florentino Felgueroso & Juan F. Jimeno., "undated".
"Recent Trends in Occupational Segregation by Gender: A Look Across the Atlantic,"
- Dolado, Juan J. & Felgueroso, Florentino & Jimeno, Juan F., 2002. "Recent Trends in Occupational Segregation by Gender: A Look Across the Atlantic," IZA Discussion Papers 524, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jimeno, Juan F. & Felgueroso, Florentino & Dolado, Juan José, 2002. "Recent trends in occupational segregation by gender: a look across the Atlantic," UC3M Working papers. Economics we023011, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Dolado, Juan J. & Felgueroso, Florentino & Jimeno, Juan F, 2002. "Recent Trends in Occupational Segregation by Gender: A Look Across the Atlantic," CEPR Discussion Papers 3421, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cooke, Lynn Prince, 2001. "Impact of Dual Careers on Average Family Size: Comparison of 11 Countries," IRISS Working Paper Series 2001-05, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)