The geographical concentration of unemployment: A male-female comparison in Spain
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral Del Rio, "undated". "The Geographical Concentration of Unemployment: a Male-female Comparison in Spain," Regional and Urban Modeling 283600002, EcoMod.
References listed on IDEAS
- Enrique López-Bazo & Tomás del Barrio & Manuel Artis, 2002.
"The regional distribution of Spanish unemployment: A spatial analysis,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 81(3), pages 365-389.
- Lopez-Bazo, Enrique & Del Barrio, Tomas & Artis, Manuel, 2002. "The regional distribution of spanish unemployment. A spatial analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa02p020, European Regional Science Association.
- Ghazala Azmat & Maia Güell & Alan Manning, 2006.
"Gender Gaps in Unemployment Rates in OECD Countries,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(1), pages 1-38, January.
- Ghazala Azmat & Maia Güell & Alan Manning, 2003. "Gender Gaps in Unemployment Rates in OECD Countries," Working Papers 137, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Ghazala Azmat & Maia Güell & Alan Manning, 2004. "Gender Gaps in Unemployment Rates in OECD Countries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0607, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Azmat, Ghazala & Guell, Maia & Manning, Alan, 2004. "Gender gaps in unemployment rates in OECD countries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19995, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Azmat, Ghazala & Güell, Maia & Manning, Alan, 2004. "Gender Gaps in Unemployment Rates in OECD Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 4307, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1980. "The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 613-625, April.
- Phimister, Euan, 2005.
"Urban effects on participation and wages: Are there gender differences?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 513-536, November.
- Phimister, Euan, 2004. "Urban Effects On Participation And Wages: Are There Gender Differences?," Discussion Papers 31789, University of Aberdeen Business School, Centre for European Labour Market Research (CELMR).
- John A. Bishop & K. Victor Chow & Lester A. Zeager, 2003. "Decomposing Lorenz and Concentration Curves," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(3), pages 965-978, August.
- Valentina Meliciani, 2006. "Income and employment disparities across European regions: The role of national and spatial factors," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(1), pages 75-91.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Jose-MarIa Chamorro-Rivas & Xulia Gonzalez-Cerdeira, 2004.
"Agglomeration economies in manufacturing industries: the case of Spain,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(18), pages 2103-2116.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & José-María Chamorro-Rivas & Xulia González-Cerdeira, 2001. "Agglomeration economies in manufacturing industries: the case of Spain," Working Papers 0202, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Mary Amiti, 1999. "Specialization patterns in Europe," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 135(4), pages 573-593, December.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Mori, Tomoya & Henderson, J. Vernon & Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 2004. "Spatial distribution of economic activities in Japan and China," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 65, pages 2911-2977 Elsevier.
- Wheaton, William C. & Lewis, Mark J., 2002. "Urban Wages and Labor Market Agglomeration," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 542-562, May.
- Lucia Quadrado & Henk Folmer & Sudha Loman, 2001.
"Regional Inequality in the Provision of Health Care in Spain,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 33(5), pages 783-798, May.
- Lucia Quadrado & Henk Folmer & Sudha Loman, 2001. "Regional inequality in the provision of health care in Spain," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(5), pages 783-798, May.
- Enrique Lopez-Bazo & Tomas Del Barrio & Manuel Artis, 2005. "Geographical distribution of unemployment in Spain," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 305-318.
- Maurel, Francoise & Sedillot, Beatrice, 1999. "A measure of the geographic concentration in french manufacturing industries," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 575-604, September.
- Ron Johnston & David Voas & Michael Poulsen, 2003.
"Measuring spatial concentration: the use of threshold profiles,"
Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 30(1), pages 3-14, January.
- Ron Johnston & David Voas, 2003. "Measuring Spatial Concentration: The Use of Threshold Profiles," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 30(1), pages 3-14, February.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1982. "Inequality Decomposition by Factor Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 193-211, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ana Viñuela‐Jiménez & Fernando Rubiera‐Morollón & Begoña Cueto, 2010. "An Analysis of Urban Size and Territorial Location Effects on Employment Probabilities: The Spanish Case," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 495-519, December.
- Jaba, Elisabeta & Balan, Christiana & Roman, Mihai & Roman, Monica, 2010. "Statistical evaluation of spatial concentration of unemployment by gender," MPRA Paper 25161, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2010.
- Philip Arestis & Ana Rosa GonzÃ¡lez-MartÃnez, 2015. "Is Job Insecurity a Driver of the Housing Cycle? Some Evidence in the Spanish Case," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 62(1), pages 1-14, March.
More about this item
Keywordsunemployment; spatial concentration; municipalities.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2005-12-09 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2005-12-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inq:inqwps:ecineq2005-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Ana Lugo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecineea.html .