An Analysis of Urban Size and Territorial Location Effects on Employment Probabilities: The Spanish Case
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Scheinkman, JoseA. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1995.
"Economic growth in a cross-section of cities,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 117-143, August.
- Glaeser, E.L. & Scheinkman, J.A., 1993. "Economic Growth in a Cross-Section of Cities," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1645, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1995. "Economic Growth in a Cross-Section of Cities," NBER Working Papers 5013, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bande, Roberto & Fernández, Melchor & Montuenga, Víctor, 2008.
"Regional unemployment in Spain: Disparities, business cycle and wage setting,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 885-914, October.
- Roberto Bande & Melchor Fernandez & VÃctor Manuel Montuenga, 2005. "Regional Unemployment in Spain - Disparities, Business Cycle and Wage Setting," ERSA conference papers ersa05p489, European Regional Science Association.
- Roberto Bande & Melchor Fernandez & Victor Montuenga, 2005. "Regional Unemployment in Spain: Disparities, Business Cycle and Wage Setting," Documentos de trabajo - Analise Economica 0035, IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia.
- Head, Keith & Mayer, Thierry, 2006.
"Regional wage and employment responses to market potential in the EU,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 573-594, September.
- Head, Keith & Mayer, Thierry, 2005. "Regional Wage and Employment Responses to Market Potential in the EU," CEPR Discussion Papers 4908, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2006. "Regional wage and employment responses to market potential in the EU," Post-Print halshs-00754132, HAL.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2005. "Regional Wage and Employment Responses to Market Potential in the EU," Bruges European Economic Research Papers 3, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2006. "Regional Wage and Employment Responses to Market Potential in the EU," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00267437, HAL.
- Behrens, Kristian & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 2007.
"Regional economics: A new economic geography perspective,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 457-465, July.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & THISSE, Jacques-François, 2007. "Regional economics: a new economic geography perspective," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1946, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Dolado, Juan J. & Jimeno, Juan F., 1997.
"The causes of Spanish unemployment: A structural VAR approach,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1281-1307, July.
- Juan J. Dolado & Juan F. Jimeno, "undated". "The causes of Spanish unemployment: A structural VAR apporach," Working Papers 96-19, FEDEA.
- Blanchard, Olivier & Jimeno, Juan F, 1995. "Structural Unemployment: Spain versus Portugal," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 212-218, May.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral Del Rio, "undated".
"The Geographical Concentration of Unemployment: a Male-female Comparison in Spain,"
Regional and Urban Modeling
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral del Río, 2005. "The geographical concentration of unemployment: A male-female comparison in Spain," Working Papers 08, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Decressin, Jorg & Fatas, Antonio, 1995. "Regional labor market dynamics in Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1627-1655, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 1998. "Are Cities Dying?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 139-160, Spring.
- Klaus Desmet & Marcel Fafchamps, 2005. "Changes in the spatial concentration of employment across US counties: a sectoral analysis 1972--2000," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 261-284, June.
- Jimeno, Juan F. & Bentolila, Samuel, 1998. "Regional unemployment persistence (Spain, 1976-1994)," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 25-51, March.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S. & Ali, Kamar & Olfert, M. Rose, 2009.
"Agglomeration spillovers and wage and housing cost gradients across the urban hierarchy,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 126-140, June.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert, 2008. "Agglomeration Spillovers and Wage and Housing Cost Gradients across the Urban Hierarchy," Economics Working Paper Series 0806, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- N. A. Phelps & R. J. Fallon & C. L. Williams, 2001. "Small Firms, Borrowed Size and the Urban-Rural Shift," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(7), pages 613-624.
- Redding, Stephen & Venables, Anthony J., 2004.
"Economic geography and international inequality,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 53-82, January.
- Redding, Stephen J. & Venables, Anthony J, 2000. "Economic Geography and International Inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 2568, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephen Redding & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "Economic Geography and International Inequality," International Trade 0103003, EconWPA.
- Stephen Redding & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "Economic Geography and International Inequality," CEP Discussion Papers dp0495, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Redding, Stephen & Venables, Anthony J., 2001. "Economic geography and international inequality," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3714, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Rosenthal, Stuart S. & Strange, William C., 2001. "The Determinants of Agglomeration," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 191-229, September.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Mare, David C, 2001. "Cities and Skills," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 316-342, April.
- repec:hoo:wpaper:e-95-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beardsell, Mark & Henderson, Vernon, 1999. "Spatial evolution of the computer industry in the USA," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 431-456, February.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral del Río & Luis Toharia, 2009. "Un análisis espacial del desempleo por municipios," Revista de Economia Aplicada, Universidad de Zaragoza, Departamento de Estructura Economica y Economia Publica, vol. 17(1), pages 47-80, Spring.
- Mario PolÃ¨se & Richard Shearmur, 2004. "Is Distance Really Dead? Comparing Industrial Location Patterns over Time in Canada," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 27(4), pages 431-457, October.
- John M. Quigley, 1998. "Urban Diversity and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 127-138, Spring.
- Partridge Mark D. & Rickman Dan S & Ali Kamar & Olfert M. Rose, 2008. "Employment Growth in the American Urban Hierarchy: Long Live Distance," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-38, March.
- Enrique Lopez-Bazo & Tomas Del Barrio & Manuel Artis, 2005. "Geographical distribution of unemployment in Spain," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 305-318.
- Fischer, Manfred M., 1980. "Regional taxonomy : A comparison of some hierarchic and non-hierarchic strategies," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 503-537, November.
- Alberto F. Ades & Edward L. Glaeser, 1995. "Trade and Circuses: Explaining Urban Giants," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(1), pages 195-227.
- Xavier Gabaix, 1999. "Zipf's Law for Cities: An Explanation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 739-767.
- Mario PolÃ¨se & Ã‰ric Champagne, 1999. "Location Matters: Comparing the Distribution of Economic Activity in the Canadian and Mexican Urban Systems," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 22(1), pages 102-132, April.
- John B Parr, 2002. "Agglomeration economies: ambiguities and confusions," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(4), pages 717-731, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ana Viñuela & Esteban Fernández Vázquez, 2012. "From the periphery to the core: direct and indirect effects of the migration of labour," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 32(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Rubiera-Morollón, Fernando & Fernández-Vázquez , Esteban & Aponte-Jaramillo, Elizabeth, 2012. "Estimation and analysis of labor productivity in Spanish cities," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 22, pages 129-151.
- Manolis CHRISTOFAKIS & Athanasios PAPADASKALOPOULOS, 2011. "The Growth Poles Strategy In Regional Planning: The Recent Experience Of Greece," Theoretical and Empirical Researches in Urban Management, Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 6(2), pages 5-20, May.
- Ana Viñuela & Fernando Rubiera-Morollón & Esteban Fernández-Vázquez, 2014. "Applying economic-based analytical regions: a study of the spatial distribution of employment in Spain," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(1), pages 87-102, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:growch:v:41:y:2010:i:4:p:495-519. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0017-4815 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.