Is Job Insecurity a Driver of the Housing Cycle? Some Evidence in the Spanish Case
The aim of this paper is to study a possible connection between the characteristics of the labour market, namely, employment protection and flexibility, and the dynamics of the housing market. More specifically, this contribu- tion analyses whether the poor quality of employment in a given economy could cause the collapse of the housing market and impairs its recovery. In the second stage of our analysis, we provide estimates for Spain over the period 1984-2014. In doing so, the autoregressive distributed lag (ARDL) bounds test for cointegration is employed.\
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sascha Becker & Samuel Bentolila & Ana Fernandes & Andrea Ichino, 2010.
"Youth emancipation and perceived job insecurity of parents and children,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(3), pages 1047-1071, June.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Bentolila, Samuel & Fernandes, Ana & Ichino, Andrea, 2005. "Youth Emancipation and Perceived Job Insecurity of Parents and Children," CEPR Discussion Papers 5338, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Bentolila, Samuel & Fernandes, Ana & Ichino, Andrea, 2005. "Youth Emancipation and Perceived Job Insecurity of Parents and Children," IZA Discussion Papers 1836, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral Del Rio, "undated".
"The Geographical Concentration of Unemployment: a Male-female Comparison in Spain,"
Regional and Urban Modeling
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral del Río, 2005. "The geographical concentration of unemployment: A male-female comparison in Spain," Working Papers 08, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Gattini, Luca & Ganoulis, Ioannis, 2012. "House price responsiveness of housing investments across major European economies," Working Paper Series 1461, European Central Bank.
- Jaison R. Abel & Richard Deitz, 2010. "Bypassing the bust: the stability of upstate New York's housing markets during the recession," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 16(Mar).
- Laamanen, Jani-Petri, 2017.
"Home-ownership and the Labour Market: Evidence from Rental Housing Market Deregulation,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 157-167.
- Laamanen, Jani-Petri, 2013. "Home-ownership and the Labour Market: Evidence from Rental Housing Market Deregulation," MPRA Paper 55256, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jani-Petri Laamanen, 2013. "Home-ownership and the Labour Market: Evidence from Rental Housing Market Deregulation," Working Papers 1389, University of Tampere, School of Management, Economics.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- James M. Poterba, 1984. "Tax Subsidies to Owner-Occupied Housing: An Asset-Market Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(4), pages 729-752.
- Michele Belot & Jan Boone & Jan Van Ours, 2007. "Welfare-Improving Employment Protection," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(295), pages 381-396, August.
- Michele Belot & Jan Boone & Jan van Ours, 2004. "Welfare Improving Employment Protection," DEGIT Conference Papers c009_004, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Belot, M.V.K. & Boone, J. & van Ours, J.C., 2007. "Welfare improving employment protection," Other publications TiSEM eee2f823-1384-4a2f-a4eb-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Francisco Carballo-Cruz, 2011. "Causes and Consequences of the Spanish Economic Crisis: Why the Recovery is Taken so Long?," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 58(3), pages 309-328, September.
- Junsoo Lee & Mark C. Strazicich, 2003. "Minimum Lagrange Multiplier Unit Root Test with Two Structural Breaks," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 1082-1089, November.
- Nelson, Charles R. & Plosser, Charles I., 1982. "Trends and random walks in macroeconmic time series : Some evidence and implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 139-162.
- Fella, Giulio, 2005. "Termination restrictions and investment in general training," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 1479-1499, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:voj:journl:v:62:y:2015:i:1:p:1-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ivana Horvat)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.