Statistical evaluation of spatial concentration of unemployment by gender
This paper studies the spatial distribution of unemployment by gender, in the counties of Romania, in 2008.The Lorenz curve and Gini index are used to identify a pattern of spatial concentration of unemployment, differentiated by gender. Evaluation of gender differences in unemployment spatial concentration model shows significant differences. There is a greater spatial concentration of unemployment for female population. Based on results of grouping counties by cluster analysis applied for unemployment rate, one could explain the gender differences in spatial concentration correlated with spatial distribution of the workforce and the characteristics of territorial development of counties in Romania.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2010|
|Date of revision:||May 2010|
|Publication status:||Published in Economic Computation and Economic Cybernetics Studies and Research 3.44(2010): pp. 79-92|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral del Río, 2005.
"The geographical concentration of unemployment: A male-female comparison in Spain,"
08, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Olga Alonso-Villar & Coral Del Rio, . "The Geographical Concentration of Unemployment: a Male-female Comparison in Spain," Regional and Urban Modeling 283600002, EcoMod.
- Frederiksen, Anders, 2008.
"Gender differences in job separation rates and employment stability: New evidence from employer-employee data,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 915-937, October.
- Frederiksen, Anders, 2006. "Gender Differences in Job Separation Rates and Employment Stability: New Evidence from Employer-Employee Data," IZA Discussion Papers 2147, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Roman, Monica, 2008. "The efficiency analysis applied for the evaluation of labour market policies: Study case for Romania," MPRA Paper 20332, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2008.
- Zizi Goschin & Daniela-L. Constantin & Monica Roman & Bogdan Ileanu, 2008. "The current state and dynamics of regional disparities in Romania," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 2(2), pages 80-105, December.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Jaba, Elisabeta & Balan, Christiana & Roman, Monica & Viorica, Daniela & Roman, Mihai, 2008. "Employment rate prognosis on the basis of the development environment trend displayed by years-clusters," MPRA Paper 20337, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2008.
- Karen Leppel, 2009. "Labour Force Status and Sexual Orientation," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 76(301), pages 197-207, 02.
- Karl Aiginger & Esteban Rossi-Hansberg, 2006. "Specialization and concentration: a note on theory and evidence," Empirica, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 255-266, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.